Cafe Racer Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The bike was supposed to be shipped from Liverpool on April 18th and arrive in Canada on or about the 27th. The ship it was originally to come on was changed and the second ship has been delayed by about a week since it's first loading date.
The ship is now to be in Liverpool tomorrow and headed our way a couple days later. We should know by the end of the day if it's going on the right direction or if the wait continues.

One of the interesting things we have found is a live map for tracking ships anywhere in the world. It is an eye opening look at what it takes to keep this planet running. The port of Antwerp looks like an especially hectic place.

Go to the link, scroll down to and click "expand map hide twitter"

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
It was around March 31, 2021 that Steveo bought the SS, so about a year to complete the build. The bike left his shop on April 1, 2022 and I picked it up in Montreal Wednesday (15th June). The boat only takes 10 days to cross the pond meaning the bike sat in warehouses on either side of the ocean for about a month. No doubt supply chain problems are a major factor in inflation. (Scary fact-T&G cedar decking has gone from 65 cents per linear foot, pre pandemic, to $2.60 /lnft today. And my mill is right across the road, the rest of you add trucking.).

Now the bike is safely in the middle of nowhere Canada and the Emmins Speciale is spectacular!!!

The van smelled like new bike by the time I got home. The detail, the metal work, the paint, it's outstanding. I have a photographer lined up and I'll post some of her shots later. The bike is dusty in this pic and I was still having a tough time getting an angle where the shine didn't overwhelm the shot.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

61 - 67 of 67 Posts