Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm out riding around the beautiful Wisconny country side on Sat, minding my own business and cruising down a windy county road around 60mph,,,when,,,OH [email protected]#$

Some damn redneck in a silverish grey, extended cab, 94-96ish Ford, with a blue stripe came cruising around a blind corner on my side of the road. No time to react, so I went left and he stayed his course like he didn't even see me, never hit the brakes. But by that time I was running out of road trying to make the right corner. And then just before the ditch I did the all time biggest mistake, I touched my front brake, only for a split second and said NO, but by that time I was a weeble wobbling down into the grasses.

I mainly landed on my face and my knee's, probably for at least 50 feet. Tried to stand back up but my knee's didn't want to work, finally got up and got to my bike which was a pile of metal. Actually it was a hella lot better than I thought it would be. Front end was twisted to hell. It ripped the steering stop off the front end and my forks smashed into my tank. Headlight ears are bent sideways and the front fender was a ball of spagetti. But with a little bending and straightening, reattaching my seat and battery cables, she fired right back up. Gotta love those Honda's. Didn't appear that the forks were even bent! A passing motorist stopped and helped me out for a bit and I got right back on her and rode her home. She's gonna need a lot of work this winter.

Let me tell you though, dunno if I've been that hot in quite a while. Phone was smashed so I couldn't even report the bastard. That bike was looking sooooo good too. I'm still a little sore everywhere, but I owe my life to my full faced helmet. I laugh every time I see these idiots without them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So if anyone has some straight CB350 fork ear covers, headlight ears, a 69 tank, or a 69 front fender,,,gimme a holler I'm in the buisness of getting some new ones. Thanks Fellas.

·
Registered
66 Posts
EEEHHHH! sorry to hear the news, just be thankfull your alive! Would it be wrong to ask for a pic? My wife wants to ride with out a full face, maybe this will make her think twice!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I need to get some pics for ya'll but I've already started tearing into her and straightening the front end. You can tell her I literally slid about 50 feet on nothing but my face and knees. All that gravel, sand, and poison ivy would have made my face look like a bowl of spagetti O's if I wasn't wearing it. Plus they keep the wind out of your eyes.

·
Registered
854 Posts
WOW...man i am glad to hear you're okay. your 350 is beautiful, and i hope you are able to catch up with the moron in the hick truck. i will ask around for some take off parts and email ya if i come up with anything.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
You should still report the incident to the police. In my book that guy should have his balls hung out to dry. There is a very good chance this truck is in the general area of the accident. This year alone, I've already been cut-off 6 or 7 times, had a deer jump out in front of me. I'm now wearing my full coverage instead of the half-shell...

Glad to see your ok - I'll check out our pile of cb350 parts to see if I can locate some fork ears and a front fender. I already know the tank may be hard to find.. check back with you later

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Glad to hear you're still up and about.
Yeah call the cops and give whatever report you can....I'd also be that slope-headed slack-belly cousin-fucking redneck saw you but didn't want to spill his budweiser by hitting the brakes or getting out of his sheep hauler.
fucking losers....

Hang in there bro

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mc69

So if anyone has some straight CB350 fork ear covers, headlight ears, a 69 tank, or a 69 front fender,,,gimme a holler I'm in the buisness of getting some new ones. Thanks Fellas.
Sorry,about the crash.:(
Lots of people in cages out there hunting bikers. Many people these days do everything BUT pay attention when their behind the wheel of a 2-3 ton vehicle!

Don't have any CB350 parts or else I'd send you some for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Mc69,
I think I have a set of forks, probably fork ears, front fender and maybe a little later model tank. Do you need any guages, wheels or switches? I'll take a look in the garage here shortly.
I am probably going to be coming to Eau Claire in the next day or two anyway or you can come pick them up any time.

Ken
I just took a look in the garage and I have a front fender, front wheel,front forks with the external springs. If I don't have an extra set of headlight ears, I can pull the ones off my race bike since I got new brackets that I haven't put on yet. I don't think I have any fork covers.

K

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn Ken that sounds awesome. I don't think the forks are bent but I will have to take a closer look. It was weird because as soon as I took off the twisted front fender everything straightened out. and when I rode it home it rode straight. So hopefully everything structurally is ok, besides the steering stop, but that can be fixed easily.

I think I might go fill out a police report anyway. If they have any questions I'll just bring in my helmet for them to see!

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Which county were you in? My oldest step-son is an E.C. cop, but he has also worked for E.C. and Dunn county sheriffs dept and was a state trooper. I can have him check things out after you file a report.

Ken

·
Registered
73 Posts
ouch!!! so sorry to hear about your accident :( be thankful you get to type our your frustration here, and aren't laid up in a hospital in a serious condition.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Mc69. I have a pair of fork ears and boots off of a 1971 CB350. I think they are interchangable. They are yours for the cost of shipping. I also have a chrome front fender off of the same bike and a later model gas tank (a bit beat up). Just email me off line if you want them.

Glad you are okay and I don't mind donating parts to get that bike of yours back to its cool shape. I'd still report the incident as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts