Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Go figure Tony.....you are one of the few that realizes that lots of good photos in your auction listing helps to "tell a story."

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Go figure Tony.....you are one of the few that realizes that lots of good photos in your auction listing helps to "tell a story."

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i dont thinbk you have MOT over there, it stands for Ministry Of Transport 'safety check, , in the UK any vehicle older than 3years old HAS to have a yearly safety check to make sure the vehicle is safe to be on the roads, the safety check lasts exactly one year, the actual check must be done by a licenced inspector, i used to be one in the late 80s , the check itself last 45minutes on a motorcyle, no stone is left unturned!

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i dont thinbk you have MOT over there, it stands for Ministry Of Transport 'safety check, , in the UK any vehicle older than 3years old HAS to have a yearly safety check to make sure the vehicle is safe to be on the roads, the safety check lasts exactly one year, the actual check must be done by a licenced inspector, i used to be one in the late 80s , the check itself last 45minutes on a motorcyle, no stone is left unturned!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
We have the same thing here only we call it inspection. Most inspections are conducted by a motorcycle dealer and they usually are a 10 minute deal. They check lights, tires, pipe noise and general well being of the bike - that's about it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
We have the same thing here only we call it inspection. Most inspections are conducted by a motorcycle dealer and they usually are a 10 minute deal. They check lights, tires, pipe noise and general well being of the bike - that's about it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
And the inspections over here are done on a state to state basis. Every state makes up their own rules. Some states don't bother with inspections.

Hope you do well with your sale. Buy your wife a nice present for her birthday. After you buy your new bike. Or even better, buy her the new bike for her birthday.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
And the inspections over here are done on a state to state basis. Every state makes up their own rules. Some states don't bother with inspections.

Hope you do well with your sale. Buy your wife a nice present for her birthday. After you buy your new bike. Or even better, buy her the new bike for her birthday.

Craig

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

ps, Tex, what does 'go figure' mean? sounds like youre telling me to 'fuck off lol
nah, meant it as a compliment. don't know what you expect or need to get out of that thing, but looks like you are on your way. 3600 sterling is about $5840 USD. your attention to detail in paint and other areas of restoration is evident in your photos. it drives me nuts when some turkey wants top dollar for a bike and takes one lousy photo of it, especially when a 24 image package costs an extra $1.50 in ebay fees.

go figure!

tex

p.s. - that last go figure means something else. :D

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

ps, Tex, what does 'go figure' mean? sounds like youre telling me to 'fuck off lol
nah, meant it as a compliment. don't know what you expect or need to get out of that thing, but looks like you are on your way. 3600 sterling is about $5840 USD. your attention to detail in paint and other areas of restoration is evident in your photos. it drives me nuts when some turkey wants top dollar for a bike and takes one lousy photo of it, especially when a 24 image package costs an extra $1.50 in ebay fees.

go figure!

tex

p.s. - that last go figure means something else. :D

21 - 40 of 52 Posts