Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
it sold for 4,083.11 GBP which equates to 6,711.98 USD

my reserve was 3,500 GBP .
the guy has contacted me and is coming for the bike on friday, he lives in Dundee, Scotland, so he has a 6 hour jouney here, and 6 hours back.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm wondering how your bike would have made out on an US ebay - I would guess about the same amount of money... Clean stockers bring big bucks...

·
Registered
744 Posts
alas poor plum girl, i wish i'd known her well.

nothing wrong with getting back to your earlier roots i'll admit for some green laneing, and you are more compact than i so even the "monstrous" 175 torque will go to good use.

my DT200 gets to extract a lotta giggles but the air and liquid cooled guises are chalk and brie in comparo. like an lc250 with the main jets divorced and an rz 350 missing a conrod. sold my 175 for 140 in fully shagged form so if you can get her cheap and in good nick then that should be cool.

still gonna miss plum girl.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Over here in Canada my 1985 (when I bought it) 750 Maxim X was saftied (inspected, M.O.T'd) and has been off the road for almost 7 years. I'm hoping to get it back on the road this year, when I do, all I have to do is take the ownership and proof of insurance to a Ministry office and get a new sticker (tag) that's it!
This is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago, and how it looks now.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
well, the triple is on her way to Dundee, Scotland to her new home, il miss her, but on the plus side ive got 4k stuffed in ma pocket!
drink & a steak anyone?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts