Cafe Racer Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that JCW has been banned. I guess they intend to empty the clubhouse and bring in the chopper builders. Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.

I just want to say that I have enjoyed the site, met some good people and learned a lot. Thanks for that guys.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I hope they at least change the name of the forum. I have some suggestions.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb and say he probably went too far when complaining about "the current direction of the forum".

·
Administrator
281 Posts
It appears that JCW has been banned. I guess they intend to empty the clubhouse and bring in the chopper builders. Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.

I just want to say that I have enjoyed the site, met some good people and learned a lot. Thanks for that guys.
There is no advantage in cleaning house. It is counter productive. You don’t burn the crop to get rid of a couple weeds. That being said, if you want a healthy crop sometimes weeding is necessary.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no advantage in cleaning house. It is counter productive. You don’t burn the crop to get rid of a couple weeds. That being said, if you want a healthy crop sometimes weeding is necessary.
After the weeding you add a bunch of shit. I didn't use an analogy but we have said the same thing.

·
2,007 Posts
So, I was just put in time out...
I probably deserved it. Not so much for content, although, I think I did say f this place, but more to whom the content was directed at.

Honestly, even though I log in like 30+ times a day, none of these forums should MEAN that much to me...

It's just another form of entertainment... and to be honest, the entertainment level here INVERSELY CORRELATES WITH the amount of supervision by ban happy moderators.

I like other forums for similar reasons.
I hang around stuffy, professional types all day long. Letting loose a little behind a keyboard is therapeutic... but it's also a poor substitute for getting out there and wrenching and riding...

So in the end, whether I'm here or somewhere else, whether this place realizes what people need in a forum these days, my life and everyone else's will go on... no big fuckin deal.

Carry on...

·
Administrator
214 Posts

If 'Old 250' is me...then yes: I AM chomping at the bit to get rid of mental dinosaurs who think that the only response is abuse and negativity, and have this forum open for new members.

Don't like it - run along.

Forum membership is a not an open licence to abuse new members.

Find a forum that suits your particular egotistical needs. This is a motorcycle forum - not therapy.

·
Administrator
214 Posts
I hang around stuffy, professional types all day long. Letting loose a little behind a keyboard is therapeutic... but it's also a poor substitute for getting out there and wrenching and riding...

So in the end, whether I'm here or somewhere else, whether this place realizes what people need in a forum these days, my life and everyone else's will go on... no big fuckin deal.

Carry on...
Well there is always FB if you want to be a keyboard warrior.

As I said to Woodsman - this is a motorcycle forum - not personal therapy. The rules that apply in your workplace also apply here.

Feel free to go to any other site that accepts abusive behaviour... for me it would be: "jcw who?"

No-one in any forum is indispensable.

·
2,007 Posts
If anything, I said I was "dispensible."

But whatever, you guys do you.

Caferacer has been this way forever.... that's not our fault. It was our forum... now it's yours.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Love it...
Come in and chase long time members away.

Great moderator.
Time served is irrelevant. All members are subject to the same rules.

All the drama about new mods really is a bit off the mark. I know VS posted on this site a few times asking for people to step up and serve as moderators. NO ONE did. What did they think was gonna happen?

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.
Funny thing is, I'm a Super Mod and Admin on two other motorcycle forums - same rules as applied here.

Pretty much identical, and those two sites are fairly active because of the mature attitudes of the members.

Lots of discussion, input and points of view exchanged on a lot of topics - not only bikes.

Here I hear the hollow sound of the wind and tumbleweeds because most don't want new blood.

WHEN, not IF, this site folds - you can all feel a sense of contribution.

Well done.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Funny thing is, I'm a Super Mod and Admin on two other motorcycle forums - same rules as applied here.

Pretty much identical, and those two sites are fairly active because of the mature attitudes of the members.

Lots of discussion, input and points of view exchanged on a lot of topics - not only bikes.

Here I hear the hollow sound of the wind and tumbleweeds because most don't want new blood.

WHEN, not IF, this site folds - you can all feel a sense of contribution.

Well done.
One of the members here is also on a site where I am a Supermod. It runs extremely well on the same rules we have adopted here. He could attest to the fact I am not a ban happy site destroyer.

·
2,007 Posts
Someone asked why do we need to be so hard on newbies....

Well here's my quick take... Because everyone doesn't need a participation award. especially if what they are doing is not helping the motorcycling community.

This forum has predated the "cafe racer" explosion from 3-5 years ago. It was here when racers built cool fast bikes mostly for the track and street.
Then this irrational explosion of interest came and sooo many people began building bikes that were not what this place believes in.
this place held onto it's principles and beliefs. Let people that wanted to build bikes that sucked know what they are doing is wrong.

See the thing is no one makes people post here... we were allowed to respond as we felt needed. If they did their research they would know that.

How many of those bikes are still on the road now? How many bikes are still being ridden?
It helps the motorcycling community nothing to pretend to like those bikes.

I'll read your responses for a little bit, but that'll be the last contribution from me to this forum.

·
2,007 Posts
One last thing...
Do the ton is a skeleton of it's former self....a place built in your image and likeness.
the general public has finally gotten over their orgastic fascination with these bikes.
that leaves the more dedicated motorcycle guys left... to regrow a community of bikes that are built well.
too bad the forums don't realize that and hire moderators that still think we are in the glory days of a really bad time for these bikes....

·
Administrator
214 Posts
this place held onto it's principles and beliefs. Let people that wanted to build bikes that sucked know what they are doing is wrong.

See the thing is no one makes people post here... we were allowed to respond as we felt needed. If they did their research they would know that.
First thing, the original owners sold out - so their principles and beliefs were up for sale.

Second thing, whether the original owners let you respond how you felt was their choice.

New owners - new rules.

If you choose not to contribute further to the forum because you are being asked to act civilly, then perhaps it's best that you don't contribute further.

Have a great day/night.

·
Administrator
214 Posts
the general public has finally gotten over their orgastic fascination with these bikes.
Actually, CRs are having a huge comeback - just not what you consider CRs. That's life in the 21st Century.

Also - Mods and Admins are not HIRED, we volunteer ( FOR FREE) to put up with the crap in order to make a site better, because we love motorcycles and want more people on two wheels..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.