Cafe Racer Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
321 Posts
It appears that JCW has been banned. I guess they intend to empty the clubhouse and bring in the chopper builders. Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.

I just want to say that I have enjoyed the site, met some good people and learned a lot. Thanks for that guys.
If 'Old 250' is me...then yes: I AM chomping at the bit to get rid of mental dinosaurs who think that the only response is abuse and negativity, and have this forum open for new members.

Don't like it - run along.

Forum membership is a not an open licence to abuse new members.

Find a forum that suits your particular egotistical needs. This is a motorcycle forum - not therapy.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
I hang around stuffy, professional types all day long. Letting loose a little behind a keyboard is therapeutic... but it's also a poor substitute for getting out there and wrenching and riding...

So in the end, whether I'm here or somewhere else, whether this place realizes what people need in a forum these days, my life and everyone else's will go on... no big fuckin deal.

Carry on...
Well there is always FB if you want to be a keyboard warrior.

As I said to Woodsman - this is a motorcycle forum - not personal therapy. The rules that apply in your workplace also apply here.

Feel free to go to any other site that accepts abusive behaviour... for me it would be: "jcw who?"

No-one in any forum is indispensable.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.
Funny thing is, I'm a Super Mod and Admin on two other motorcycle forums - same rules as applied here.

Pretty much identical, and those two sites are fairly active because of the mature attitudes of the members.

Lots of discussion, input and points of view exchanged on a lot of topics - not only bikes.

Here I hear the hollow sound of the wind and tumbleweeds because most don't want new blood.

WHEN, not IF, this site folds - you can all feel a sense of contribution.

Well done.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
this place held onto it's principles and beliefs. Let people that wanted to build bikes that sucked know what they are doing is wrong.

See the thing is no one makes people post here... we were allowed to respond as we felt needed. If they did their research they would know that.
First thing, the original owners sold out - so their principles and beliefs were up for sale.

Second thing, whether the original owners let you respond how you felt was their choice.

New owners - new rules.

If you choose not to contribute further to the forum because you are being asked to act civilly, then perhaps it's best that you don't contribute further.

Have a great day/night.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
the general public has finally gotten over their orgastic fascination with these bikes.
Actually, CRs are having a huge comeback - just not what you consider CRs. That's life in the 21st Century.

Also - Mods and Admins are not HIRED, we volunteer ( FOR FREE) to put up with the crap in order to make a site better, because we love motorcycles and want more people on two wheels..

·
Administrator
321 Posts
In my days, the next step is the strap or cane.

If by CRs you mean CafeRACERS's having a huge comeback in a different form then ever previously existed, that is not a comeback, that's a morph. Call the fenderless fat wheel bikes with bling what they are they are Bobber Chops.
It's a chopped regular old motorcycle in a Bobber theme.
This is what I was talking about regarding a comeback. Indian made RE (Royal Enfield) CR 650. I think it's pretty good and would buy one if it was available here.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
Ego, LOL. You volunteer to control the opinions of others, talk about ego! You ooze arrogance.

By the way, I didn't set the tone of this forum. I joined precisely because they didn't tolerate the garbage that every other forum did. Your here now and will be the perfect person to solve the issues with your new members choppers. I can't wait to see how it should be done.
Snore. You need to look in the mirror, look at your birth certificate and Grow TFU. I'm not here controlling the opinions of others. You appear a little slow on the uptake - so YET AGAIN - I will repeat myself - I don't give a flying farknuckle what you say, as long as it is said civilly.

Look up the word.

Memorize it.

Apply it - or you WILL be a memory.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
well I don’t think I can haha! Serious question, was it the actual language or the sexual preference joke that got me banned? I just don’t want it to happen again. I almost went crazy without this place!!
We don't care about your sexual predilections and/or peccadillos, just keep it civil.

·
Administrator
321 Posts
All in all. You fell for it;)
I’ll keep the “jokes” toned down for a while
Yeah.
We are newbie suckers.
We fall for anything.
But then, we are also the newbie suckers who monitor the forum.
So yeah - keep the "jokes" toned down.
Who knows -maybe you can stick around.....

1 - 12 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.