Cafe Racer Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
402 Posts
It appears that JCW has been banned. I guess they intend to empty the clubhouse and bring in the chopper builders. Old 250 is just chomping at the bit to rid himself of us so it'll just be a matter of time.

I just want to say that I have enjoyed the site, met some good people and learned a lot. Thanks for that guys.
There is no advantage in cleaning house. It is counter productive. You don’t burn the crop to get rid of a couple weeds. That being said, if you want a healthy crop sometimes weeding is necessary.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Love it...
Come in and chase long time members away.

Great moderator.
Time served is irrelevant. All members are subject to the same rules.

All the drama about new mods really is a bit off the mark. I know VS posted on this site a few times asking for people to step up and serve as moderators. NO ONE did. What did they think was gonna happen?

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Funny thing is, I'm a Super Mod and Admin on two other motorcycle forums - same rules as applied here.

Pretty much identical, and those two sites are fairly active because of the mature attitudes of the members.

Lots of discussion, input and points of view exchanged on a lot of topics - not only bikes.

Here I hear the hollow sound of the wind and tumbleweeds because most don't want new blood.

WHEN, not IF, this site folds - you can all feel a sense of contribution.

Well done.
One of the members here is also on a site where I am a Supermod. It runs extremely well on the same rules we have adopted here. He could attest to the fact I am not a ban happy site destroyer.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
If I didn't like the rules somewhere I'd move on too JCW. If this isn't the place for you I get it and wish you safe rides Sir. If people wanting instant gratification and false praise twists you up then the internet probably isn't your thing either though.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Remember the cool Dutchman that got banned because he got all drunked up before posting?
They should maybe let him back having time served, I don't think impaired posting should be a life sentence.
Geeze I hope not. That would wipe Canada off the internet.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Ego, LOL. You volunteer to control the opinions of others, talk about ego! You ooze arrogance.

By the way, I didn't set the tone of this forum. I joined precisely because they didn't tolerate the garbage that every other forum did. Your here now and will be the perfect person to solve the issues with your new members choppers. I can't wait to see how it should be done.
Like I said, none of you stepped up to volunteer to be a mod. It isn't ego or arrogance. It is dedication to keeping forums alive. Perhaps if some of you had it would be different but it isn't and it is never changing back.

You never set the tone here and you don't now. I don't know what to tell you. If you choose to keep logging into a site you don't like don't pin it on the mods, take responsibility for your own choices.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
Look at what they did to me... lol

VS glitch i guess

you know why none of us wanted to be mods? because this place ran just the way we liked it...

no, but really, i'm just here cause I received an email saying my new account-deletedmember 14223 has been approved.

Edit--- actually this is partly my fault... I requested that my annual subscription billing be terminated and they deleted my whole account.
I could not figure that out. Never seen it before. For a few minutes I was at DEFCON 5 thinking we were about to be attacked.

Throw Classic250 a PM and we will get your name back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.