Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting way too much fuel on one of two carbs. These have been completely rebuilt with OEM Honda o-rings and gaskets. I lift the slider a hair and she runs much smoother. I have tried a different slider - same issue. All passages/ jets are blown clean and good flow. Bike: 71 CB350.

May seem a dumb ? but, here we go - can I run two different size jets between the two cabrs. Not advisible?

·
Registered
347 Posts
i wouldn't run jetting different between the carbs, but it seems that you need your carbs synchronized. unfortunatly, there is really no way to check or calibrate synchronicity with the stock carbs other than by "feel". i had synch ports tapped into my intake manifolds so that i can use a manometer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
quote:Originally posted by snorkelfork

checked your float levels lately?
yeah, sounds a lot like a float level issue.

I synch up my 175 by doing the following.

-warm it up
-unplug one park plug and start it up to run on one cylinder. adjust your idle screw so that the cylinder just about sputers and dies.

-repeat on the other side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I changed the jets (same size - just diferent set and replaced the float. The float had a hairline crack in it. I think I have it solved. I will also try to synch as CB175GUY explained.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts