Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Bill,
You racing your new thing? Maiden race, or has it been out this season?

Saw you looking for new fork seals, figured it was the racing this weekend prep thrash going on.

Good Luck.

You guys have fun.

I'll be working.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yo leo, first time out on the trackmaster, first time racing a 2 smoke. i'm pretty buzzed about it. yeah, i ripped a few passes down the driveway and the front end started weeping. the thing is so new (to me anyway) and i'm so rusty I probably wouldn't know what to do with a tight front end anyway. gonna be fun.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will be there too! Can't wait to meet you guys and thank you in person for all the great advice you gave me earlier in the year. Looks like it could be wet though, hope the rain holds off long enough to get the races in.

Will be on the XS650 Yam, and if there are no surprises it will be the only multi cylinder bike there.

See you at the track.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
just got home. had a good time in spite of an army of quads (3 heats in the pro class..fer cryin out loud) and a downpour that simultaneously cut the racing short and extended the night to 23:30 hrs. FR ran pretty well with a win in his vintage heat and was running up front in serior b as well. KC343 was looking good and running a whole slew of classes. had some excitement in T2 and bent his bars. some kid offered up some new bars in the pits and Kevin made his next heat no problemo. the maiden voyage on my kx was ok. I was seriously rusty and out gunned as well. ran slower than dirt in practice, improved in the heat then had the feature cancelled when we were lining up on the hot grid. that sucked. I've got alot to learn about riding/racing a 2 stroke. still it was a worthy excuse for hang'n w/ the bros.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, I've been snake-bit twice in a row at JRM. The quad wars suck. The rain sucked. The fact that they took 45 minutes to figure out how to get the lights to work, starting at 7:45 sucked. And opening the first beer of the night at 11:00 sucked.
And crashing from a top 3 for the second time in as many races sucked pretty hard too.
But hanging out was cool. Had a couple good heat races.
The Vintage class had to be a record turn out, 12 or 13 bikes including lots of new guys. Should be some good racing if they keep getting those numbers. And for anybody that has a spare vintage bike in the garage, this is the time to get into it. They'll probably split the class if enough guys show up, whether it's lights/heavies, master/amateur or whatever, you'll have a good chance of being competitive pretty quickly. There were several singles out there, 2 & 4 stroke as well as a couple twins including a Guzzi, a Triumph and Kevin on his Yamaha. I think the cutoff year for this is 1980. Dunlop K180's are the popular tire 'cause they're an 18" rear and 19" front which is a common size for lots of vintage bikes/wheels.

FR

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
X 2 on all of the above. yeah, the vintage scene looks about ready to rock (a 500cc guzzi and a built from parts bsa, maico and bultaco were also represented, very cool), just in time for me to get into something slightly more modern- that to can be added to the suck list.
its nice outside, gotta go.
bcr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts