Cafe Racer Forum banner

Jorge's hanging up the spurs.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  3364 
#1 ·
#2 ·
He looks quite stiff. I have been wondering if he is wearing a brace under the leathers or if he has 3 or 4 levels fused or caged in his back now.

Does anyone ever do well as the HRC #2 rider. Props to Pedrosa for doing as well as he had done, makes me wonder what he might have done if he had a different ride.

#3 ·
I can't imagine after the number of times he's done the rag doll that his day doesn't start with a round of shots just to get him moving. I couldn't believe he went to HRC, he had to know that Marquez was their priority, as he should be. His biggest frustration was likely racing the old fart and the young gun both with more titles, both who appear to be having fun. Jorge definitely hasn't had any fun on a Moto GP bike in a long time.

Can't feel too bad he has enough money and racing credibility to go race just about anything he wants.

#4 ·
I get the feeling he had help with his decision from Puig and Honda. Bunch of pricks...

Lorenzo is/was an amazing racer. When he was going toe to toe with Rossi on the same machine, I hated him. He was an arrogant prick, but what a clean rider. Passes those days were surgical precision. None of this banging into bikes you have these days.

Watching him struggle these last few years was painful at least after the satisfaction of seeing him lose wore off.

The guy could demolish the field when the bike was set up right. And was the most consistent rider without going over the edge.

They should put Lorenzo and Rossi on the satellite yamaha team and promote Quartararo to run with Maverick on the factory team. That would be a dream team...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.