Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got It running and seems pretty good. Equal heat on pipes, no weird valve noises, equal pressure out of the pipes. However, if I blip the throttle at low rpm's it spits/backfires. Also, after 8000 rpm at full throttle it surges and doesn't really accelerate.

I'm thinking these problems could either be a carb I need to tune better, the addition of a pod filter (no filter at the moment-new Mikuni carbs), and lastly- the holes all in the exhaust.

Can the above problems cause the above symptoms???

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Definetly! I know others with more knowledge will chime in but definetely! You generally go about tunning by considering your filters (pods, box, none, velocity stacks) and your exhaust (individual pipes per cyclinder, collector, ect) Even if you had the correct jets on for having no filters, the holy exhaust would still mess up the backpressure and mess everything up. So yah dood, those be-eth thine problem-eth.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the headers are [email protected] welded to some old Kawi silencers. At the weld there is leaks, and the silencers themselves have some leaks. headers themselves are solid.

I think I'm gonna order the 2 into 1 Mac and have it custom bent up and possibly powdercoated as well.

quote:Originally posted by catboy

holes in exhaust...you mean pipes or muffler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts