Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just startin the thread so I can hear all about it.... Who has the skinny!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Soooooo. I'll speak for my self. After soft seizing the yamaha i went home and grabbed the Ducati out of the moth balls-hasn't run in two years. Barring a shifting issue I had a blast on it. Took a 3rd in pre 65 and 2nd to last in 250gp!! Really nice to see everybody having a good time walking around with smiles on. My choice for hero of the event goes to TT. The flippin' guy is one hot racer. Hard luck award goes to none other then Casper. whatevs, thanks for the doc z's. The Duc doesnt start with out them!! Most improved goes to Jack and Midge, you guys are looking smooth. Evil=BBG!! jerseygirl likes to configure her own course. lonewolf got his revenge. johhnyb won his last race on his honda-good on ya johnny!! Parks was jr race director and did a stand up job.
Great weather and just TONS of fun!!!! AWESOME.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
let's get it over with.
BBa G !
But Jen, It's 8:30 pm, and I am still grinning from ear to ear. Can't stop having fun.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
and unga, you need more motor. And we're changing Nicky's gearing. but you still rock.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Good weekend.
Hot, Hot, Hot.
Sorry I couldn't join in on the fun in FCB, blew the head gasket in practice. TT checked out the 1st lap! Nice ridin man and great effort by the Caferacer crew getting his bike repaired.
I broke my driveshaft on my BMW before my last race so the bike carnage count was two for the weekedn.
The endurance race was fun. I had no idea what to expect. The big bore BMW street bike did fine in mixed company. I'll do that again next year for sure.
Johnny B looked fast as usual. Sad to see you and the bike part ways. Too bad Joe Ruth wasn't able to race you because he was setting down some fast laps on his Yamaha 200 bike. WTG Hornet boy.
Owens racing was present on Saturday for those who missed the weekend and my friend took close to 1000 pics on Sunday so I'll post the link to his site once he gets them online.
I've got to fix some bikes before Mid-Ohio!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
It was a good time for me to retire from 200gp, I watched Joe racing... I would not have beat him. I didn't put a watch on him...but I have a pretty good feel for what the leading 200gp bikes run, and what Nichols does on the 500. I figure Joe was running about 1:33 flat, easily a second or two a lap faster than I do. It would have been Joe taking the win and Matt C. and I fighting for 2nd.
Joe is going to be the new force to contend with in 200gp if he shows up and the Frank C. Yamaha keeps running well.

Was nice to win my last race though. Nothing like going out in style :). Even if it was only by half a bike length. If Frank C. can get a little more power out of Matt C.'s bike....he'll be up there with Joe I think. Took a few years but I knew Frank would eventually get those Yamaha's running well. Matt's always been enough of a challenge for me.... I don't need to be chasing Joe Ruth. I'm gettin out while the getting is good.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks JohnnyB but if you go back and check past results
you will see Joe Ruth one race and No Ruth the next. Repeated
for the last 6 years. Your championships show you are on your game
more often than not. When you decide to come back could you build
a 2 stroke? Isn't it our turn to benefit from your skills? : )

Joe Ruth

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
where are the wankers? the rest of the wankers?

man... paula blew her chance for the bikini bike wash.... great weather friday and saturday. soto and her coulda had relations outside of the minivan. ha ha

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I was pretty disappointed in the whole wanker party scene this event. Man...it was almost like they were more concerned with racing. We had a small gathering by the fire on Sat....but I was planing on invading WankerTown and puking on their bikes Sat night....and it was like all low key and shit.
Then TT fires up a pipe....and I'm like...that's right, here we go.... but it was like a....you know..pipe, with just tabacco in it. You dudes are getting old.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I didn't finish last!

Team New Guy (Midge, Pete C and I) did pretty good in the endurance race---2nd in class. Thought I had an engine problem at one point, switched to reserve and all was well! Those 350's really use up the fuel when wound out all the time--we thougth we'd get at least 10 more laps before refueling.

Corner working on Friday was the best learning experience--got to watch how the fast guys did both turn 3 and the bowl! By the way, corner workers really appreciate that wave or thumbs up on the cool down lap.

As they say " A good time was had by all"

·
Registered
598 Posts
Had a blast.. wish the entire crew was there but it still seemed there was a good turnout. Always great to see Johnny B. and Mary make the trip and Tim #1 Tillman is a staple. Wankertown was still 5 easy ups deep so who can complain. I was hoping that bowl was a bowl too and I had already drank too much so only more would have been better.
It's offical.. Tim IS a fast guy. Sidecar was awesome I have bruises everywhere but wouldn't change a thing.
Rabbi is a true racer and a gentleman.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jdonovan151/Sidecar
Spencer got cleaned out by someone on 1/1a but only suffered an elbow bang. The effort Matt and Scott put in to Tim's winning rig shows they are true racers and gentlemen as well.
See you all at my place for the JD rebuild party.. I have a LOT of laps to put in if I'm going to be in the mix even with a sorted ride.

J 'buyAmonKey' D

·
Registered
598 Posts
I forgot to add.
Johnny you left at the right time... as Sue as my witness.. you know who was riding down to your site and back looking for you at the end of that race :)

You called it.

J 'IveBEENmonKey'd' D

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
yah, JB, I was packing up, saw you go past me to get outta there, and who goes by with the bike stand in his lap lookin for some guy with 25 large . . . . funny. Bike was still running, though.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts