Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Endurance race was a hoot. Took me a bit to remember how to ride, but I'm getting the hang of it again. Slowly, but surely.

Nice job everyone on saturday. Looked like some good races going on.

And holy shit! WTF is up with Cosmo?!?!? You guys used to suck! I skip a year and everyone is dusting my ass! I flubbed the start and get balked trying to stuff it up the inside of Tannermatic on T2, and the lead pack was gone! I was trying to work on my cornerspeed, then Kerry motors past me on the exit of the bowl! ARHG! I caught up to her on the exit of 12, get in her draft, and..... she just motored away. ARGH! Nice riding everyone. Very clean, very smooth. But one mistake (two for me) and the lead pack is gone. Very close racing.

Guess I need to spend some $dough or work on my corner speed. Or both.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
for the record the party wasn't happening at the Wanker pit because I wasn't there! September baby I'm there!

Sounds like it was a blast, sorry to miss it but the 7/4th is alsways going to be hard for me to get out and race.

Tanner, Champ - I tried to get her (PB) to go out there but she was stuck working this weekend. She said you both will get private lap dances in September.

Soto

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
another super event. being junior director for the first time was an honor and thanks to all who helped me out. as mentioned by champy, tt was all about getting it done. he climbed a couple of big steps in the speed department and showed how quick a cb350 can go. don't think anyone else has cut cb laps into the 1:33s. i was watching from t3 which has about 15 things that are easy to do wrong. tim (and michel) showed the crowd how to do it right not just once, but each and every lap. it was a clinic. i am well aware of how quick michel is and tim didn't loose but a second or two after being passed by him on a far more capable machine. proud to know you tim. the 200gp race being won by the small camel put a huge grin on my face. but it was bitter sweet in that our jbranson was not at the helm. i will miss him immensely running in our ranks.
have to say i have modified my "don't need to get a good start" position after saturday's gp250 race. catching michel after a lap wasn't the problem. passing him was brutal. he hit every apex, every lap. that is a lesson to all on how to hold your position. i tried to pass him at every possible spot on the track for 4 laps and only got by on the last lap by getting along side enterng t9 due to a small mistake on his part. would have been (almost) as happy with a second place as the show i saw running beind him for most of the race was worth the price of admission.
midge and jack c. get most improved awards....they rode smooth and plenty quick for new guys.
i'm still grinning.
-parks

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
what are you doing unga? can't get parts on ebay.... go to af1 racing for malossi parts or cycle imports in florida for metrakit

matt

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
so tired...whatevs and i climbed the bleachers, watched a carchase/manhunt out on Rt. 106, ran the mazda-rotty around frontierland and sat around the campfire drinking until the sun came up this morning.

what the hell can i say. monkey and EVIL and J-allthat-D rocked my shit with a two-hour top end rebuild after i flogged the hell out of my little racer and holed a piston going into T1 on friday afternoon. by midnight my bike was up and running and ready to run at pace all day on saturday. guys, thanks so much, that bike was flying, you meet all the best people on a honda. parks and champ, thanks for the pointers and kind words... all wankers want to grow up to be dillweeds.

the endurance was a total hoot, i want to race one at every event. aron thanks for letting me on the duc, it's an awesome machine...i hope i didn't knacker it up too much.

xo-
tt

·
Registered
54 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ttilghman

so tired...whatevs and i climbed the bleachers, watched a carchase/manhunt out on Rt. 106, ran the mazda-rotty around frontierland and sat around the campfire drinking until the sun came up this morning.

what the hell can i say. monkey and EVIL and J-allthat-D rocked my shit with a two-hour top end rebuild after i flogged the hell out of my little racer and holed a piston going into T1 on friday afternoon. by midnight my bike was up and running and ready to run at pace all day on saturday. guys, thanks so much, that bike was flying, you meet all the best people on a honda. parks and champ, thanks for the pointers and kind words... all wankers want to grow up to be dillweeds.

the endurance was a total hoot, i want to race one at every event. aron thanks for letting me on the duc, it's an awesome machine...i hope i didn't knacker it up too much.

xo-
tt

·
Registered
54 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ttilghman

xo-
tt
Blowing your motor was probably a good thing for me because
I may not have won that race. Although you wiped me on Saturday.
Good Racing, WHAT A BLAST Rob

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
rob-

welcome to the CB madness...this class is great. you looked super on saturday in LWSV and were walking away in FCB. i think i still had as much fun in that LW race, dicing it back and forth for all eight laps, than i did all weekend.

yeah tex, and soto and clancy and olmstead and rosko, you guys blew it.

bring it baker.

best-
timothy

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:Originally posted by champ

raced with the choke on so said he.
Seems kinda strange to me....usually the bike runs for shit with the choke on...not a very easy thing to miss. I watched the race, just looked like he was going slow to me, and the bike sounded fine. First time he had the bike on a track so he was acclimating to it, I saw him doing some double dips trying to pick an entry into T3, and he wasn't getting the bike over very far. He did well to keep Matt C. in sight. I figured with his -30 lbs he'd rock.

Maybe he thought my results in the past were all bike and no rider.... Nope, you can't "BUY" a championship, you still have to ride pretty hard too :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
242 Posts
TEAM VILAEXTEX nabbed third in the lightweight endurance division and was the ONLY 75cc bike in the event. Team EX-Tex was Scott Vile (EVIL) Kerry Smith (JerseyGirl), Larry(notNicky) Hayden and the flying Lonewolf, Steve Baker who was spinning the little-ist racer around the track in 1:49. So even without Tex we made a good showing.
As for me, I had my very best weekend ever, finishing second (!) behind Henry Syphers in the Saturday COSMO cup and third in Cosmo on Friday. And to prove that(near) victory does not always go to the swiftestor most deserving, I got a second in USLV on Friday after the real money dropped out. The CleverDog B bike and I are getting to know one another and the new motor in the DERBI is a little jet pack. With a bit of jetting and gearing it should be even better.
Gotta thank all the workers and volunteers for the great work and smiling faces. GREAT RACE WEEKEND!

·
Registered
242 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

quote:Originally posted by champ

raced with the choke on so said he.
Seems kinda strange to me....usually the bike runs for shit with the choke on...not a very easy thing to miss.
On the CleverDog B bike that I am now lucky enough to own, I discovered it is very easy to bump the choke lever on. I did it in practice and the bike told me in no uncertain terms that something was wrong. I'm not too bright but I can't imagine running a full fast race with the choke on and not realizing what was happening.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts