Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
There's some fast people in 200, ULWSV and 250. I think Henry is not going to find the easy pickings he might have expected.
I had to work my butt off for every win...there is some talent in those classes, guys running consistant lap times that would make most 350 racers very happy.
And now...I think Joe Ruth could podium in LWSV. Which is his duty...since that's what 200gp riders do....we bump up and annoy people in other classes :)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have to agree with everyone that it was a perfect weekend.Thanks to Larry for the ride on the Derbi.Bransons one more time this year?Mid Atlantic States call in please. So many people to talk to,so little time.Next Race please.

Damn tt is fast!

When ever I'm sad and feel'n blue,I take a little trip,under my easy up thats,
2 Skid Row
Wankertown

lonewolf
aaaaaooooooooow

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
the only way the chokes were on was if the previous owner put the stock 92 mains back in. The scene in 200gp is changed but not all for the worse- great job Joe. The bike is close now, Sophie may go cookie-less for awhile.

Got a new monkey for the rig, who had only 1 ride back in '03. After missing all practices due to a duff fuel pump and the time spent replaceing it, the first race was our first practice. Steady improvements over the course of the weekend. We got alot of help from the Essafs to improve our lines.

the endurance race was fun and I'm glad Bruce Smith has another trophy for his mantle. I'm not sure his wife believes where he says he's going on the weekends so I'm sure it helped.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The rest of the Wanker crew was missed, but it was a good weekend. Definitely some learning for me as most of you know.

Everyone looked awesome out there! TT you rocked out there. Can't wait to dice with ya in Sept. Thanks to Larry also for including me on Team Vilaextex. That 50 was a blast. See you all in Sept with the petcock on and not configuring my own track!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I hate to say this, but having Champ around and Jersey in the same garage was fun. Champ, you were relaxed . . . more so than ever. Now all we have to do is get Champ and Jersey out to the wanker tents to party for a while. TT, watch out. Wolf's motor is next.

BBaG? Damn it was the best race all weekend. It was a funny thing. Coming onto the straight after dicing it up with her, we both saw the white flag . . . and Sandy had the checkered under her arm, getting ready to wave it at Rabbie, who was a few hundred feet behind us . . . so instead of being lapped by Rabbie and our race being over, we got one more lap to dice it up . . . we were both psyched . . . . and then after Rabbie passing us in t2, we were lapped by a 2 riders who had seen the checkered and were relaxing (Hands off the bars, etc, waving to the crowd in 3,) . . . so we had to get around them, too, as we were still racing . . . . we changed positions 3 or 4 times before I came out ahead after 12 . . . . but she got me right at the finish line. The crowd went wild! Anyone have her email address?

Jersey . . . you got July 5th results?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My motor is next too so I'm not done with this FCB dance.
Like Lonewolf said this weekend, the break away pack could grow to many bikes oif everyone in the class actually shows. Obviously not just a class for newbies anymore.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:having Champ around and Jersey in the same garage was fun. Champ, you were relaxed . . . more so than ever
Thanks Scotty!!! I had fun as well with you, larry and of course my txt friend Kerry!! As far as being relaxed, i've come to realize that I am not fast any more and I am not disecting the next race. Beside that, I don't have johnnyb to jedi mind race!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Kudos to Tim and Whateves on the victories and the party award for staying Saturday night. I finally have learned my lesson, I will not be coming to the track unless I have a decent running motor. After piloting Jack's bike in the enduro and having a blast, it was too depressing getting on my bike and lossing power at t3.

Jack, thanks again for the use of your bike in the Enduro.

Parks and Smith Family. It was a well run weekend thanks for all the hard work.

Pete

·
Registered
66 Posts
What an eventful weekend...I still need a nap. TT, yer a saint for picking my ass up and hauling me out there. Everyone should get a turn to ride the Duc when it's healthy, and you looked good on it. Sorry you didn't get more laps with a laft footpeg. Still a eensy bit bitter about our stripped first place in endurance. We put the capital-muthafuggin-E in endurace, ace. Next time we win by 10 laps, but probably not on the Duc. It's giving me a stern talking to about that one...

Thanks to all who helped us out...was great to see everyone up there. Never seen anything quite like the rebuild on TTs engine - Tanner's a god among men. Thanks for the gas, Scott, it worked out perfectly. No problem on the rollers, Champ - don't I know it. TT and I made up of for everyone in partying on Saturday night. Special thanks to Branson for the monkey-based laughs.

Too much to say...it was just a great time. Conclusion: TT is the fastest guy on a 350, and I still need to go faster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh, it's no big deal. Just that they posted us as the winner of the Lightweight class, which was quite a high after all the adversity (one hour without a footpeg and the 10 minute mechanical in turn 1A) but another team complained because they had registered their bike in the wrong class, as I understand it. When tallied in Lightweight, they beat us by one lap. Rats!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
We (me,Joe,Bruce,Kevin) didn't enter incorrectly, our Kawasaki was assumed to be an EX as there are no other P1 Kawasaki's.
If asking to be counted in the correct catagory is complaining....then yeah

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seriously, it's no biggie. We never got a definitive answer on what the problem was and never got a chance to talk to you guys about it. Seems clear you were the ones that got initially screwed, so congrats! I think the first three places were all separeated by one lap...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Luckily for us it didn't look right to Eve, so she pursued it and fixed it.
That lady is terrific and underappreciated in my opinion. A huge asset to our club.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Jeff Baker: I got a close look at your front end in the FCB race on Saturday. As you went into turn 9 it sure was rattling....moving up and down like crazy... All the other FCBs front ends were not moving like that in the same spot. To Baker's credit, it must have taken some balls to drive that bike as fast as he did with that front end.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Didn't I hear something about one winning team that didn't get scored cause they didn't bring a score keeper?

JohnnyB

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, I'm embarrassed for not mentioning Eve. She stayed up late at the gate so Tim and I could get intop the track. She IS underappreciated and deserves lots of props...

41 - 60 of 99 Posts