Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Imslow- that was an awesome race haha. I was actually kind of confused when the checkered flag was out, but not waving, and I didn't even notice the white flag lol. I was thinking "um, is that really the end?" and then you went flying around me and I was like "oh its on!!" What a great weekend for racing :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I had the same white/checker problem in the FCB race. I got lapped by whatevs, we had the white, then the checker, but it was for the guys that lapped me. I was going to go around again, but the turn 3 corner worker flagged me in. Same deal with 4 other guys in that class.

Still it was a blast! Anyone know who # 51 was?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
555, take care of those dang rear sets...........btw, you are looking real good out there. very consistent and I thought that was awesome that you pulled off the win at the checker. Sweet victory!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I had a great time, Kim may have had an even better time as a volunteer, I know she will be back again and again, did you see the golf cart divas giggling like school girls all weekend.

Jack thanks for the endurance ride that race was a hoot love to do it again next year

Thanks to champ and parks for advice and encouragement

Its cool how champ will tell you suck when you suck, that way when he says your doing better you know can believe him.

In hennery’s defense I was standing in his pit when he pulled in on the A bike and the left side choke was on, I was there I saw it,

Branson I weighed the Honda in the scales garage with a full tank of gas 334lbs so what do you think, should I scrape all that heavy paint off.

Kim got some cool video of the start of the fcb and 50s ill get her to post it, turns out I’m pretty quick off the line, I just get passed by half the pack by 2 I’ll have to work on that

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
yeah, many thanks to eve who does tons of work and really cares about everyone having a good time. i know a lot of bottlenecks happen when we are physically looking at her, but she's not the cause of any headaches. like aron mentioned, she hung around the gate for at least an extra hour on thursday night just 'cause she knew we were getting close. eve's the best.

so there's still too much to say, it was just an awesome weekend. it so sucked to miss out on last year with an injury...and a racing injury at that. but this weekend, finally back at NHmS with a bunch of great new racers and all my old friends trying to beat me and fix my bike at the same time, and the chance to ride a full-on race bike for more laps than i could stand, and my best finishes yet, all spread out over two full days of racing at the madhouse that is the NHmS road corse mostly made last season's dissapointment a faint memory.

350s 4-eva-
tt

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:In hennery’s defense I was standing in his pit when he pulled in on the A bike and the left side choke was on, I was there I saw it,

Branson I weighed the Honda in the scales garage with a full tank of gas 334lbs so what do you think, should I scrape all that heavy paint off.
He pulled it up on his way into the pit!!

My Ducati weighs 225lbs

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Henry emailed me to say he was happy with the bike. Said that it acclerated great even with the choke on....I advised perhaps going up one size on the main jets. Those carbs had never been raced before, I only guessed at the jetting. If it ran decent with the choke on...then it's a bit lean.... lean enough that it might cause a problem later. ( it has Keihen PE race carbs...has an enrichment device not a choke ).

I stand corrected.

I'm just glad he's happy with the bike.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
54 Posts
I should introduce myself.

I'm Rob Paquette and this is my first racing season.
I did surprisingly well Friday in FCB. WHAT A BLAST!!!
Last year I was just happy to get the bike I built on the track.
Now I want to win. You guys are great..

P.S. If anyone knows how points work, could you let me
know, I may be a contender.

Thanks Rob

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
1st place = 10 points ,
2nd = 8,
3rd = 6,
4th =5,
5th = 4,
6th = 3,
7th = 2,
8th and up = 1

Points for all your races are added up, person with the most at the end of the year wins a championship. (if it's a championship class). In the event of a tie, person with the most wins, if the same number of wins - then who attended the most races, etc.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
54 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

1st place = 10 points ,
2nd = 8,
3rd = 6,
4th =5,
5th = 4,
6th = 3,
7th = 2,
8th and up = 1

Points for all your races are added up, person with the most at the end of the year wins a championship. (if it's a championship class). In the event of a tie, person with the most wins, if the same number of wins - then who attended the most races, etc.

JohnnyB
Thanks Johnny

61 - 80 of 99 Posts