Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
he did a nice job on that bike. the other one isn't my style, but it's well-done.

wonder why modern bike manufacturers can't build engines that look as good as they run? to be fair, the bike above is probably a marvel of bad handling. that frame has zero reinforcement.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
he did a nice job on that bike. the other one isn't my style, but it's well-done.

wonder why modern bike manufacturers can't build engines that look as good as they run? to be fair, the bike above is probably a marvel of bad handling. that frame has zero reinforcement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

Seriously, Why can't some one make a sexy water cooled engine? All the art of motorcycles has gone into the plastics but I love seeing the mechanics of things, being able to see the engineering that is involved with frames, motor, ect. They should replicate the look old motors but give them modern performance. Look at the new bonnivilles with there fuel injection that are made to look like carbs.

Also i be that bike handles awful, but at least it looks nice...

·
Registered
35 Posts
quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

Seriously, Why can't some one make a sexy water cooled engine? All the art of motorcycles has gone into the plastics but I love seeing the mechanics of things, being able to see the engineering that is involved with frames, motor, ect. They should replicate the look old motors but give them modern performance. Look at the new bonnivilles with there fuel injection that are made to look like carbs.

Also i be that bike handles awful, but at least it looks nice...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It "looks" cool but you can see the back bone at the rear of the tank start to come down and then just stops. He just hacked it right out. I couldn't imagine the tubing that came down to be such an eyesore and need to remove it.
Hell the new Enfields still look old but are now finally fuel injected but the front disk kinda killed it for giving it that classic look. But at least you can get some cool stuff from Enfield to spruce it up like clipon, aluminum tank($$), and I think rearsets but don't quote me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It "looks" cool but you can see the back bone at the rear of the tank start to come down and then just stops. He just hacked it right out. I couldn't imagine the tubing that came down to be such an eyesore and need to remove it.
Hell the new Enfields still look old but are now finally fuel injected but the front disk kinda killed it for giving it that classic look. But at least you can get some cool stuff from Enfield to spruce it up like clipon, aluminum tank($$), and I think rearsets but don't quote me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know there are some Enfield fans here...but man I can't stand those bikes. Had one pull up to me yesterday when I was on the BMW, and it was literally brand new, still had dealer plates. Dude was talking to me at a red light about how "our" vintage bikes are so cool, tourists were taking photos of him all dressed up in full English riding gear. I just politely agreed.

Call me old school - but there is nothing "vintage" about the Enfields, Ducati Sport Classic, Triumph Thruxton, Moto Guzzi V7, etc. I really LOVE a few of these bikes - but for what they are - modern bikes. The Sport Classic is putting out over 100HP and has more technology that the 4 of my bikes combined. I'd be super lucky to own one - but in no way would I consider it to be a vintage bike.

And BoxCar - you don't think the Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans is a sexy water cooled engine? I do. Although I'm biased cuz I own one.

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know there are some Enfield fans here...but man I can't stand those bikes. Had one pull up to me yesterday when I was on the BMW, and it was literally brand new, still had dealer plates. Dude was talking to me at a red light about how "our" vintage bikes are so cool, tourists were taking photos of him all dressed up in full English riding gear. I just politely agreed.

Call me old school - but there is nothing "vintage" about the Enfields, Ducati Sport Classic, Triumph Thruxton, Moto Guzzi V7, etc. I really LOVE a few of these bikes - but for what they are - modern bikes. The Sport Classic is putting out over 100HP and has more technology that the 4 of my bikes combined. I'd be super lucky to own one - but in no way would I consider it to be a vintage bike.

And BoxCar - you don't think the Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans is a sexy water cooled engine? I do. Although I'm biased cuz I own one.

Cheers,
AK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts