Cafe Racer Forum banner

June 3rd Track Day

3K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
We are trying to plan a track day at NHIS on the 3rd of June. The deal is we need approx. 30 paid entrants to pay for the day, the cost will depend on how many we get to participate. I figure it will cost about 125-150 depending how many people we get. PLEASE contact me asap if you can make it as we need to let the track know.
The day at the track would be a great time to dial in your machines for the up comming season.

John

#58 USCRA
250GP Champion 98-99
Gunstock 2000

#6 ·
it's not just work my friend. dont forget, im sailing the next week all week. so thatd be 2 weeks off in a row. and id have to push getting my bike resdy up 1 week. because i cant show up at the track with that fendr again. i could stay with you though til friday. do you have good plumbing??

jc

#9 ·
hey aaron, dont worry about getting the honda complete. if things go correctly, i'll be at gunstock on friday night. so we'll have plenty of time to get your honda wired up and whatever else it finally needs there. (ub i'l be sure to bring my metric drill bits. you know, just (unless its pissing rain, then all bets are off). to stay in the right frame of mind. you do use whitworth drill bits to do the frilling on the bsa right??

jc

#12 ·
John,
how many people is the maximum you will allow in? I might go to shake down my bike. But I am waiting for a couple of parts to come in still. Im going to talk to a couple of other guys and see if they want to go so there might be 3 more of us.
I was at Seacoast Cycle today and Tim said you asked him to go. He needs to build a bike , he has enough stuff to put one together. I traded him a rd 200 for a 86' xr 250r he had out back. It runs and needs some work but its all there.

CHUCK
Future MWSV Champ!.

Edited by - chuck on May 19 2003 8:35:06 PM

#13 ·
Chuck,
The more the merrier !!! Keep in mind that this is a track day for racers and there will be minimum supervision. If somebody goes down the track shuts down because we only have 1 ambulance. Please try to make it, as the more paid people we get the cost goes down for everybody.

Hope to see you there..........

#58 USCRA
250GP Champion 98-99
Gunstock 2000

#16 ·
damn rain! screw the siding. I officially have the 3rd off, I'll be there. and I got the racebike out a couple nights ago and went through the exhausting task of getting it started....well, exhausting for my pusher that is. man, it really is a lot of work though. I had to put in a charged battery from my streetbike and then turn on the fuel petcock. these old bikes can be so darn difficult!

#21 ·
Well by jesus, yes I am!!!! Are you? don't blow the BSA up on the dyno trying to match my awesome hp..........

Got the Ducati back today. OH BABY does she sound good. When I went to bump start it, the ole girl just skidded from all the compresion.

See you all on Tuesday.

John

#58 USCRA
250GP Champion 98-99
Gunstock 2000

#22 ·
whats tuesday?? aaron never crashes, well not his own bikes anyway. he did manage to keep mine on 2 wheels though. (i was sweating bullets) especially after the derbi then the 400. funny post there jeremy. i was thinking asbout picking up some starting rollers, but i want the battery powered kind. the car wheels thing just seems lame. and a bit dangerous to boot. im installing a lock on my tent flap this year you queers.

mikes balls are big, but definitely not as big as your head jd. i hope mike has a good season this year.

who's getting to gunstock when?? i need some drinking partners for friday night.

jc

#23 ·
john, it'll be a pleasure to see the duc back out there again this year. has better compression now that the jugs arent cracked eh?? and maybe you'll even do some racing!!

there will be plenty of people watching the 250gp race i have a feeling. also the 200.

welcome back into the frey. you have your hands full man.

jc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.