Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I like everything about that picture, but I don't get the title. how about, "I traded the van, straight-up. This hog gets 50 mpg".

Gotta love a good dumb and dumber quote.

Z

·
Registered
187 Posts
It does evoke that "yeah, we're in the Rockies" (Lloyd Christmas) feeling. Also, I'm jealous of that Airhead. I enjoyed a similar view from the bucket of my '72 Econoline. 8 mpg for the record.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
once I broke down in the middle of nowhere ...off in the distance I could barely see a farm.I walked and walked and walked ...finaly I got to the farm and in the barn was the farmer .He was shocked to see someone walking....

I told him I ran out of gas,he said all he had was what was left in this tank,looked like a cup or two of gas.

"Your welcome to it".. he said.

I thanked him and loaded it in my 62 plastic sidecurtain Austin Healey Sprite .Started it up and drove off.I drafted behind a frieght truck and he knew what I was doing I kept peeking out into the lane behind him so he knew I was there still,he signaled and blew his air horn as he turned off the road. I kept going straight till I finally saw a gas station.

coasting in on a few cups of gas...still in the middle of nowhere.This picture brought back that day to me.

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 14 2005 06:32:48 AM

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 14 2005 06:34:53 AM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I always though /5 beemers were good on gas (at least compared to R100s and the /6). The worst mistake bmw ever made was getting rid of the kickstarter.

Twice I have coasted to the pump at the same gas station where the car ran out of gas but had just enough to get me close. Once was in my jeep cherokee where it died 100 feet from the station and I coasted in, the other time it was in a friends borrowed firebird and the car quit running just as I crossed the threshold of the station. I ran out of gas on my cb750 once on purpose...I usually run the bike till it sputters then switch the petcock to reserve. However, one time I put the fuel cock on researve from the start and 120 miles later the bike sputtered and died, I went to switch over and freaked out. pushed that bike 1.5 miles to a gas station. I had lots practice from pushing my norton years ago so it wasn;t so bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts