Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Been riding and wrenching for a while now. I ride a cafe'd '67 Atlas built from a basket case and have a '72 cb350 rolling chasis on deck. Looking forward to lurking for a while and posting more when I get started on the Honda.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
welcome - I hope you read the read this.

Using cafe as a verb is super lame btw. If you would have to pick a verb from cafe racer it would result in I racer'd that bike - NOT - I cafe'd that bike. Do you see what I am after here?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome...I haven't been out that way since 1990, but there were some great roads out there along the coast and up through the Sierra Nevada mountains. All I had to drive was a rental car, but it must be a real blast on the Norton!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Judey Lived in Napa (1977-1981), near Redwood Rd. & Dry Creek Rd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome - I hope you read the read this.

Using cafe as a verb is super lame btw. If you would have to pick a verb from cafe racer it would result in I racer'd that bike - NOT - I cafe'd that bike. Do you see what I am after here?
I see what you're after...but you obviously knew exactly what I was after so I guess the description works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome...I haven't been out that way since 1990, but there were some great roads out there along the coast and up through the Sierra Nevada mountains. All I had to drive was a rental car, but it must be a real blast on the Norton!
Pretty well amazing!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I see what you're after...but you obviously knew exactly what I was after so I guess the description works.
Actually I think he was giving you the "new members read this" link and fumbled the ball.

just because something works doesn't mean it makes you sound saavy. I am not about to suddenly insert "dope" or "Fresh" or "fly" or whatever outdated 90's youth lingo is still left rattling around in my brain into my everyday conversation no matter how much I want to because I would like people to think I am not mentally handicapped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Actually I think he was giving you the "new members read this" link and fumbled the ball.

just because something works doesn't mean it makes you sound saavy. I am not about to suddenly insert "dope" or "Fresh" or "fly" or whatever outdated 90's youth lingo is still left rattling around in my brain into my everyday conversation no matter how much I want to because I would like people to think I am not mentally handicapped.
I wasn't trying to sound saavy. I was using a descriptor that makes sense. The intent is to describe the bike as built in the style of a cafe racer. If you think this makes me sound mentally handicapped...well so be it.

Incidentally, I did read the "new members read this"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts