Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,

Saw this forum and figured I'd sign up.

I own a 94' cbr f2, 96' magna(for sale), and 80' cb900c(for sale).

Originally bought the custom to make into a cafe racer, but went into that blind and have found out I don't think I'll like it as such.

Anyways, I'll be in the market soon for an earlier model cb.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm over in Orange. You know, last town on IH10 before you hit Louisiana. =)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Sorry for the medicore welcome but you checked in right after a spammer flodded the board yesterday. Anyway, welcome.

Although I live in NY now, I know exactly where you are having been a New Orleanian for many years.

The coolest thing about the 900c is the 10 speed tranny. If I could find a way to convert it to chain drive and drop her in an F chassis I totally would.

The cb900s are not bad cafe racers when you get the F models (in fact they are "factory" cafe bikes). The shaft drive and drop seat make it kinda hard to fit old timey bodywork to it. However I betcha you could build a pretty sick Mad max style bike out of her.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been thinking lately about maybe getting one of those, or some similar early 80's 750/900 custom, for a zero-eng style build. I figure with some suspension modifications, clip-ons and new bodywork, you could get a pretty sick and spectacularly uncomfortable bike.

I'm from Austin, but I've been gone a couple years. The one bike I drag around the country because I can't bear to sell it, a 450/500 bomber hybrid, is the result of a drunken conversation with a doorman at Lovejoy's.

A

Edited by - xander450 on Dec 05 2007 4:27:29 PM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I will give the cb900c this, she's very smooth. Riding her that is. Just a smooth, easy to handle bike. Of course all I have to compare her to is my 750 magna and my 600 cbr.

I already have a few people that want to see her this weekend. We'll see how that goes. (craigslist, nuf said.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts