Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kimtabs are running a minimum $500 lately, averaging $650. There's a pair on Ebay right now for $1799, wierd combo, 19" front with a dirt knobby rear tire on it and the 18" rear with a front street tread on it. The killer on that deal is someone drill bead lock holes in the lip, effectively killing it's value, to me anyways. Usually when Kimtabs come up on Ebay it always just the bare wheel with no bearing carriers or anything else. I found this one listed with a $.99 starting bid with a reserve. I contacted the seller to what his reserve was and he told me $300. There were no bids on it till a day or so ago and it went to $102. I put in a snipe bid at $310. I ended up winning it at $300, wheel with carriers and 2 rotors and tire if I want it (probably don't to save on shipping cost). I believe no one bid on it because it wasn't titled as a Kimtab, but merely "motorcycle rim". Though anyone searching Ebay for Kimtab would have been sent to this wheel as well as the $1799 set and the K0 Drag bike with the front Kimtab. I'll pull the one on my bike that I modified for tubeless tire and replace it with this one after recoating it and sell the modified one.
Motorcycle Rim | eBay

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jag, here's a set for you. Guy saw my post and PM'ed me to see what a set of aluminum Kimtabs would be worth here in the states because he could get this set for $600. I had him send me a pic. These are definite knock offs of the Kimtab and made of aluminum and not mag. Shipping from UK would probably kill the deal.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the last couple of decades some one off knock offs have been made out there.
Here's a 5 spoke knock off. I have seen others on the internet, but I can't find them now.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get ready for the rant. FUCK FedEx. I was expecting my Kimtab today. I wanted this shipment to go smoothly so I generated my own label from my account and sent it to the seller to put on the box. Tracking showed expected delivery between 11:00-1:00. I didn't go anywhere today and watched college ball sitting 4' from my front door, waiting on delivery.Well it's 6:00pm and I go on line to check delivery because it said it was "on the truck out for delivery". There's a message that says " Delivery attempted at 1:05pm, Customer not available or Business closed" Bull shit FedEx truck never came on my street today. Signature was required which means their company policy is to leave a door tag stating delivery attempted, signature needed. Guess what, No door tag. Now they are telling me there is no Home Delivery on Sun. or Mon., so I won't get it till Tues. I filed a complaint against the driver. They tried to get a redelivery attempt for today, but that office was already closed. I'm pissed over the principal of the whole thing.:mad:
Rant over, now back to our regularly scheduled programming. that is all.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I must have "Fuck me in the ass and then kick me when I'm down" tattooed on my forehead. My wheel came today. This is what I bought:

"Kimtab rim snowflake design very rare twin disc 19""

This is what showed up today:

Motherfucker pulled the rotors off them. If he doesn't promptly send them I'll be opening a claim for "item not as described"

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
You'll probably find an add up there today saying :"Rare twin disc to fit a Kimtab snowflake rim" If you do, make sure you order 2 of them ;)

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
YOu literally have the worst luck with this junk.
I rarely have any issues.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Seller just replied:
"Marc you said remove tire you didn t want to pay for the extra weight you said rim only weighs 8.5 lbs I didn t think you wanted to pay shipping on anything else. I thought l was doing you a favor, l have no use for the rotors.l will weigh them and you can send a shipping label. I don t appreciate being accused of a bait and switch if it was a misunderstanding Ron"

I didn't want to pay the shipping on a heavy ass tire I had no use for, not the weight of these lightweight rotors.
Now it will cost me probably 3x's what it would have if they were in the box.
And it's only Mon. My week started like shit when my Patriots got outplayed last night, snapping their win streak. Gronk is out, Edelman is out. Amendola is out. Looking bleak right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts