Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sir Hacksalot: Is that blue bucket destined for a bike or is it awaiting a project?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Blue one will be on ebay in a bit

I have other similar ones that are not for cop bikes.

Not a dkw. Of course you get to keep it. What kinda heartless jerk would I be to have it any other way.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Blue one will be on ebay in a bit

I have other similar ones that are not for cop bikes.

Not a dkw. Of course you get to keep it. What kinda heartless jerk would I be to have it any other way.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Beige one looks like an NSU to me.

One of my long term goals is to build a chassis for an NSU 250 four stroke single to race in our 250 vintage class. Not a renmax or sportmax replica racer, I just think it's a cool motor and would love to try making a chassis for it and have a really cool racer. It'd probably be roughly competitive(ish) with our Honda 175 based racers. Though I'd have to go through the transmission pretty carefully - if you've ever ridden one you'll know what I mean - how a 4 speed box could have 8 neutrals...

Strangely enough I was talking with Mick Hart recently (local fast guy vintage racer and former factory Laverda racer) and he's had the same thought.

Michael

·
Registered
241 Posts
Beige one looks like an NSU to me.

One of my long term goals is to build a chassis for an NSU 250 four stroke single to race in our 250 vintage class. Not a renmax or sportmax replica racer, I just think it's a cool motor and would love to try making a chassis for it and have a really cool racer. It'd probably be roughly competitive(ish) with our Honda 175 based racers. Though I'd have to go through the transmission pretty carefully - if you've ever ridden one you'll know what I mean - how a 4 speed box could have 8 neutrals...

Strangely enough I was talking with Mick Hart recently (local fast guy vintage racer and former factory Laverda racer) and he's had the same thought.

Michael

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Its not.... this should be an easy one

Tank, emblems, girder, and engine top end is correct.

Leo, I'll be down there today

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Its not.... this should be an easy one

Tank, emblems, girder, and engine top end is correct.

Leo, I'll be down there today

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Neither... ok... it's name starts with a letter found within the last ten of the alphabet

and it's not x,y or z

Leo, what size/type bike do you want a deco girder to fit?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Poke about and peek at a 1935ish Indian Sport Scout Girder

A hybrid project worthy one available and I've already replaced the massive steering stem with a one incher..........

I'm sure I have pix somewhere.

The RE is heavy enough to warrant something more substantial than common lightweight stuff....

Now the one on the GERMAN Triumph is significant and it wouldn't bother me in the least if you bought that pile just to take it's spectacular girder as a donor.

G'morning Leo

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have three numbers for you.... any of them large screenish hand helds that accept MMS?

or text me your email addy, I'm a lazy something or another

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Normally I'd refuse to submit to such any such control tactics from mere mortals

but email has flown anyhow and I think you'll agree this one is likely just what the Dr. ordered for that project short of nailing a Brampton or other erotic unobtainium

41 - 60 of 64 Posts