Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
hell, thats worth at least $200 to me just as wall art! that think is NEATO!! it would look super sweet hanging from the gabels in my livingroom!! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I would definitely get it and then put an engine in it out of something like an old DT125 with the electric start, if you couldn't find an appropriate Italian motor. It would be way cool.

Ken

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
To quote my 14 year old niece.....

That the awesome-sauce!

(I'm pretty sure that's a good thing)

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Champ,
You suck. As penance, you have to give me the bike.

Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm glad someone picked it up! i'd like to see pics of it being restored(is thats what you're going to do).

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by chello

about this little number...

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/787715225.html

just searching craig's list out of boredom while i'm at work so i figured this be the best place to ask...
I love to look through CL,but try not to unless I have extra cash lying around. That doesn't happen much so I try not to "window shop" too much. There's ALWAYS some old bike on there that I want and I hate it if I don't have the funds to check it out!:(

Here's a prime example,check this baby out! I'm so... pissed I can't ride off with this rig! This is near the town I LIVE in,which makes it that much worse!:(

1962 BMW Motorcycle w/ sidecar - $5200 - (Gosport, Indiana)
http://bloomington.craigslist.org/mcy/753873823.html

Good for you that you were able to get the bike. IF you can find an engine it's shouldn't cost too much I wouldn't think. The problem would be just finding one and finding one that's good or rebuildable.

I'd love to pick up a Sears/Montgomery Wards 125cc bike one day.
The guy I bought my Hodaka Ace from had one(Sears model) sitting under a truck along with a another bike(chassis).

I can't remember what it was right now. I do know JUST the chassis was worth $400-500 because it was a very rare bike. It looked like a very old style Miniature Harley/Indian of some sort. Ive seen just the rolling chassis go for $900.00+ on ebay.

He traded them off before I had the cash to get them or at least the Sears bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts