Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get a k & n filter to replace my uni pods. i finally found the dimensions to order but i was wondering about shape.

oval - will these act more like an airbox with its bigger internal cavity?

round tapered - are these the best straight through flow, will it respond well whenever i screw on the throttle?

round/cylinder shaped - any advantage to this shape, maybe a cross between the other two?

i have never seen the oval on anything. the round ones i have seen on flattrackers, and the tapered on showier bikes. which one is the best performing for a track/street bike?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have the round/cylinder shape K&N's on my 69-CB750, but the only thing I noticed is the round tapered units would fit better with the side covers than the round units that I have. I'm thinking it is up to buyer's preference and don't believe the performance is that much of a difference between all models.

If I replace the units (someday) I might like to try the oval units.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I use the round straights on my race bike...seems to like them.

Hey Hack, I've always thought about putting a cone on the inside of the filter endcap, point facing toward the carb to help break up the reversion pulse....whatdayathink? Kinda of like the anti-reversion cones used in the primaries of some automotive race headers.
JohnnyB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts