Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else watching this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-KH750-2-STROKE-TRIPLE-KAWASAKI-H2-CAFE-RACER-KH500-500-750-H1R-H2R-750-MACH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6710QQihZ016QQitemZ260154120486QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW</u>

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I don't think cody (the guy who built that bike)can even believe he is selling. I have known him through the kawasaki triples board for a while and all the work he does is top notch. He mentioned on the kawi board he might sell a while back and I didn't believe him, I guess I thought nobody could sell a bike that cool.

The best part about that bike is it is an expirement to see how light you can get a stock frame kawasaki triple. The frame is a kh500 (the best big triple frame) and the motor a 750 h2, hence the kh750 designation (kawasaki never made a kh750 triple).

If I had 10K I would buy it in a heart beat. When people ask me to define a cafe racer I usually show them a pic of this bike.

BTW, that project he mentions in the auction? he's stuffing a worked h2 750 motor into a buell s2 white lightning frame.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I don't think cody (the guy who built that bike)can even believe he is selling. I have known him through the kawasaki triples board for a while and all the work he does is top notch. He mentioned on the kawi board he might sell a while back and I didn't believe him, I guess I thought nobody could sell a bike that cool.

The best part about that bike is it is an expirement to see how light you can get a stock frame kawasaki triple. The frame is a kh500 (the best big triple frame) and the motor a 750 h2, hence the kh750 designation (kawasaki never made a kh750 triple).

If I had 10K I would buy it in a heart beat. When people ask me to define a cafe racer I usually show them a pic of this bike.

BTW, that project he mentions in the auction? he's stuffing a worked h2 750 motor into a buell s2 white lightning frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've seen this bike many times up close and in person at Deals Gap and I'm absolutly gobsmacked that it didn't even break 10k. I'd buy it myself if I had the coin and if I wasn't gathering parts to build one in the same spirit (but nowhere near the quality)...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, i never would have placed a bid on it in the first place without expecting it to go over 10k. maybe that was all he needed see in order to decide to hold on to it.

...connoisseur of slack...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts