Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
that swingarm is one used by RZ, H2, and maybe even some determined RD guys to upgrade their bikes

I've parted out a few of them and the swingarm/shock will come close to clearing the whole bike

the shock has a neat pulley type of adjustment on it

forks are crap

wheels are boat anchor heavy

very nice headpipe and useful for cutting up and making a good header for other CB type inlines

some (very few though) of the dirt track go cart guys running air cooled classes will plunk down for the engine complete with pipe, carbs, and electronics

the tank is funky cool and can be adapted to a Buck Rodgers type rigid or it looks right on a santee low rider swingarm bike

not much of a bike in my opinion but that one is all there and as many of them that have been parted out

might be worth putting back and keeping whole

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
that swingarm is one used by RZ, H2, and maybe even some determined RD guys to upgrade their bikes

I've parted out a few of them and the swingarm/shock will come close to clearing the whole bike

the shock has a neat pulley type of adjustment on it

forks are crap

wheels are boat anchor heavy

very nice headpipe and useful for cutting up and making a good header for other CB type inlines

some (very few though) of the dirt track go cart guys running air cooled classes will plunk down for the engine complete with pipe, carbs, and electronics

the tank is funky cool and can be adapted to a Buck Rodgers type rigid or it looks right on a santee low rider swingarm bike

not much of a bike in my opinion but that one is all there and as many of them that have been parted out

might be worth putting back and keeping whole

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
HackA,
Don't be tlking bad about my racebike of choice for next season. Possibly even this year. I already have 2, so I don't have the room right now for another.
Ratty, if you decide to go for it I am interested in the lower fairings, and still need a gas tank and airbox.
I need a pair of FZR 17" wheels right now.

Ken

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
HackA,
Don't be tlking bad about my racebike of choice for next season. Possibly even this year. I already have 2, so I don't have the room right now for another.
Ratty, if you decide to go for it I am interested in the lower fairings, and still need a gas tank and airbox.
I need a pair of FZR 17" wheels right now.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
awww........ the FZR

just one R difference but what a huge difference

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ken,
I'll contact the seller and see what I can work out. If I come up next weekend won't have a lot of time. The rectifier burned up on my nephew's 88 Thursday. Have a feeling that that may be just the start of flood-related failures. We've stolen a bunch of stuff off my 86 to get his bike going anyhow so a parts bike is pretty appealling right now.

I know where there's a electrical-problemmed FZR sitting. You realize they had 18" rear wheels right?

Haven't forgotten I owe you an airbox and tank. They are stored up high, but I wasn't gonna swim to get them the last time I came to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Ratty,
I want to go with 17" front and rear so I can race rubber easily, but Bridgestone has theBT90 in race compound 18" rear. I also have a FZ750 18" rear which is a little wider than the stock FZ600 rear. So I am not stuck on the idea of a 17 rear. How much for the FZR 600. I might want it if it is cheap enough. I might be able to use the whole front end on the parts bike I go from you. Does it have the plastic on it?

Ken

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken,
I emailed the guy in Sun Prairie with the FZ as of now he hasn't responded.

The FZR is sitting in a buddy's garage that does repair work on the side. I've never really looked at it. Guess it has a title, an extra motor, and another set of wheels that would come with it. My buddy said it hasn't really been crashed hard, but the plastic's pretty shredded. He's thinking the owner wants around $500 for it, is going to call him Monday. I told my buddy to tell the owner that I'm only interested in it if we can put something together this week so I can bring it with this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts