Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Hey, don't fuck me outta my (almost) free kz400. I have a racing budget to fatten up.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Ok heres the deal,
Judey, I got a second offer from the guy in detroit so I should be able to work it out with him to get the bikes for us. I am going to offer him $650 and see what happens. Then you can bring it to RA.

Ratty,
Are you offering to sell me the 87? if so how much and what kind of shape is it in? If your selling then delivery to Milwaukee would work out great. I will probably sell some stock bodywork depending on what I end up with since I will want to go with race plastic. Do you specifically want 86 bodywork? I may have a deal on another one but without stock paint.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my thought, if you wanna get something going this winter I'll send my 87 w/my buddy. Framewise it's straight, only shows signs of a low-speed drop on the left side. Zero bodywork. No knowledge of the motor, other than it turns over and has spark. I'd like to keep anything you know you're not going to use on the racebike. I've got $300 in it, but it wasn't one of my better purchases. Why don't you just take it and tell me what it's worth. I haven't told my buddy that it'll be Christmas time before you can pick it up, I don't think he'll care. He'll be home sometime tommorrow I can make sure that'll work then.

I'd be willing to kick into the deal on the one in Michigan to make sure that happens.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Ratty,
Sounds like a deal. Send it to Milwaukee and I will get it from there. If he doesn't want to store it that long I can find a home for it in Milwaukee or if he ever gets over to Madison I can keep it at my sister's. Does it have a title? How about a gas tank? I'll check it out and we can work out something with the MI bodywork. Do you have any broken bodywork that I can stitch back together for race parts?

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Judey,
I got th second chance offer on e-bay which had a buy it now option of $511.01. So I just paypalled him. I gave him my e-mail and yours off of your Bio. I told him you would make arrangements to pick up the bikes. I would have given him your name so you could identify yourself to him, but I don't know it. Maybe you should send me an e-mail and we will finish this business privately, unless everybody else is curios about how a bunch of guys who have never met spend undreds of dollars sight unseen to do crazy racing stuff.

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken,
My buddy is leaving Sat morning. He would prefer to drop the bike off at your sister's rather than take it to his place. Email me her info if that works.

No title. I ran the VIN and it's clean, could've titled it in Iowa if I'd ever gotten that far.

The tank that came with it needs cleaned. I'm just getting done electrolysis-ing a 550 tank. I'll set up the FZ tank and see how it turns out or I have a clean 86 tank with some scratches I'd let you have if the one on the Michigan bike seems cosmetically better. There won't be a tank with the bike Sat, but I should be able to supply one.

I have a usable upper and fairing stay. A previous owner carved on the upper a little bit to be able to run the clip-ons below the triple clamp. I don't think I have any rear bodywork you'd want, previous owner customized it too. But I'll look and see.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Ratty,
That all sounds good. I'll get my sister's info to you tomorrow after I talk to her and let her know. She lives just south of Madison in Stoughton, so it won't be a problem. I will be happy to kick in some gas money for your buddy. I would like to have any old bodywork you have around cause I don't know what I will end up with for race plastic to start with. I may need to use stock stuff for a year before I can get R-6 parts bought and mounted. It doesn't need to be pretty. If you can stick a gas tank with it even if it needs o be cleaned it is fine with me. I'll get you the stuff off the MI bike if it is any good. We can work something out.

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
quote:
Maybe you should send me an e-mail and we will finish this business privately, unless everybody else is curios about how a bunch of guys who have never met spend undreds of dollars sight unseen to do crazy racing stuff.

Ken

AHRMA 412

like thats a mystery. anyone wanna grab the cl175 in michegan for me??? its making me sick seeing it sit there.

jc

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Catboy? My place is chock full. If you're serious, I'll probably be driving to ME late August, with room in the truck.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If it is easier for you to drop it off in Milwaukee, let me know. My brother lives in Cudahy (just south of Milwaukee) and would be happy to store something at his house. Kenessex, I will email you off line with my phone numbers if you want to go this route.

pete

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Pete,
Thanks for the offer, but Madison will be easier for me. I will be going there for Christmas with my sister and parents anyway.
Are you sure you can't make itto Road America? With family close it should be the perfect excuse for a road trip.

Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
Pete,
Thanks for the offer, but Madison will be easier for me. I will be going there for Christmas with my sister and parents anyway.
Are you sure you can't make itto Road America? With family close it should be the perfect excuse for a road trip.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Man I sure would love to go. You never know. The truth is I only have so many vacation days. I also am going to go to the Indy MotoGP (I have my tickets and my room already), so that is costing me some bucks I could otherwise race with. Some may ask why go watch races when you can race yourself, but I have always wanted to experience a MotoGP event live and in person, and to go to the first one at Indy is the way to do it in my book.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Ratty,
My sister isn't home, she will return on Saturday sometime. He can just drop it off at her house under the covered walkway next to the garage. It is a nice small lake neighborhood so it won't be a problem. The address is:
Marilyn Essex
2166 Colladay Point Drive
Stoughton, WI 53589
It is right off of Hwy 51 which runs basically parallel to I-90 at that point.

If he has any questions and has a cell, he can call me at (907)758-4099.

I am pretty excited about this. It is gonna be cool. I am already making plans for what I can get done over the break.

Thanks,
Ken

If you mapquest it it should come right up.

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ken,
Have you talked to your sister? My buddy called me about 2:30 to say he'd dropped it off. I didn't think to ask him if he'd called you. Hope he got the right house.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts