Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
depends on what you are putting it on. If you had an older sport bike with electic readouts for speedo, tach, and idiot lights and wanted to add a shift light and other track based goodies it seems like a decent setup (although to be fair, $400 is a lot to spend on gauges).

If you were putting this on an older bike with mechanical outputs for these things - well it aint worth it.

For a street bike I would rather have an analog speedo since I will actually look at it. on a track bike the LCD speedo doesn't make a difference. I just hate digital readout speedos - it is a personal preference.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the price for that gauge on koso's website is $199. Again, what kind of bike are we talking about here? if it has a temp gauge I already think it is pretty modern.

To be honest, Stack gauges are about the same price without the temp readout and I would rather have the stack than the koso, but for the money it isn't bad, espically if you are getting a stepper motor gauge.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. It should do the job and has some features I like. I downloaded the installation and set up instructions. Looks like you could dial it in for about any application, and with its own battery, it should work on anything. Get one and let us know what you think. It might be just the ticket for a CB350 or XL500 racebike.

Ken

·
Registered
238 Posts
having just bought the 20000rpm tach for a different application, their products are pretty decent. The model I purchased came with the sensor for the speedo/odometer, 2 temp sensors, and the tach could sense in 4-5 different was (digital output, inductance, ground monitoring, positive monitoring(not sure about that one))

the instructions are a little confusing, as they seemed translated from korean, to french, to english... but quality/look... they're pretty impressive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts