Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That girder front end is my favorite “chopper” look. Amazing skills! Nice
Thank you sir. If I was to pick a favourite of my past bike builds, that suited my own style it would be this softail. (Have had tons of jap and a few Ducati and a modern triumph Bonnie )

also I recently built my own electric bike.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hello fellow chopaholics, I recently decided it was time to build a Street Tracker, prices for older single pot thumpers are a little ridiculous and I personally like more modern engineering and performance, and after a little research I decided on a LC4 powered KTM. here is the bike as it arrived in my workshop.
View attachment 104771
here is the concept art.
View attachment 104772
and let the fun begin
View attachment 104773
Hello fellow chopaholics, I recently decided it was time to build a Street Tracker, prices for older single pot thumpers are a little ridiculous and I personally like more modern engineering and performance, and after a little research I decided on a LC4 powered KTM. here is the bike as it arrived in my workshop.
View attachment 104771
here is the concept art.
View attachment 104772
and let the fun begin
View attachment 104773
it looks like you will have a very fun to ride bike. i dont care for the rock-seeking exhaust - either functionally or aesthetically- but its your baby not mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
it looks like you will have a very fun to ride bike. i dont care for the rock-seeking exhaust - either functionally or aesthetically- but its your baby not mine.
Thank you, I get the low muffler thing, not that thrilled myself, it was a choice made to keep the whole rear end clean and without the passenger peg muffler mount I needed simplicity. It’s a city bike so I can live with it there until a better option springs to mind. Cheers

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yeah I did u attention whore!

What's the saying... u have more talent in your little finger than most people have up their ass?

Something like that...

U should do a YouTube channel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah I did u attention whore!

What's the saying... u have more talent in your little finger than most people have up their ass?

Something like that...

U should do a YouTube channel
Haha I like your sense of humour, it’s been quiet around here during COVID, I don’t do social media any more, it’s a time sponge, and clogs the mind, so sometimes I post my work somewhere hoping others will enjoy it or be inspired. I'm just an old guy that likes to bash stuff with a hammer,

·
Registered
100 Posts
I Like option C, but I will say I like to stand back and make sure I am not adding too many different angles real, painted or perceived, but judging by how good your other projects look I think you will have it well in hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I Like option C, but I will say I like to stand back and make sure I am not adding too many different angles real, painted or perceived, but judging by how good your other projects look I think you will have it well in hand.
Thanks, thats also in my top 2, I get so bogged down in variety it’s hard to grade from outside the box, it helps to have that first time view perspective. There are tons of incidents where I regret my choice and have to redo. I constantly have to allow a little imperfection in my life so the OCD in me does not take over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Then there is a more simplified possibility, just the number, keeping it level offsets it’s mass on the plate, rotating a little centralises it and creates a little depth perspective. 🤔

edit: completely rebuilt the 7 vector image for balance and made a new panel

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
How much fuel does the tank hold? I can’t imagine much with how wide the tunnel had to be!
I can appreciate your workmanship, and I really like the aesthetic, but I’m REALLY into function. So that’s the first thing that came to mind. Will this thing be looking really good on the side of the road waiting for someone to bring a quart of petrol? 😉

·
Administrator
31 Posts
Thanks, thats also in my top 2, I get so bogged down in variety it’s hard to grade from outside the box, it helps to have that first time view perspective. There are tons of incidents where I regret my choice and have to redo. I constantly have to allow a little imperfection in my life so the OCD in me does not take over.
I personally like option 3 also. The first two don't actually match/suit the angles of the fairing, and option 4 doesn't stand out.

·
Administrator
31 Posts
Then there is a more simplified possibility, just the number, keeping it level offsets it’s mass on the plate, rotating a little centralises it and creates a little depth perspective. 🤔

edit: completely rebuilt the 7 vector image for balance and made a new panel
It depends if you want to go with a modern stylised number, or if you want it to look like an old school racing number. The font implies old school to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How much fuel does the tank hold? I can’t imagine much with how wide the tunnel had to be!
I can appreciate your workmanship, and I really like the aesthetic, but I’m REALLY into function. So that’s the first thing that came to mind. Will this thing be looking really good on the side of the road waiting for someone to bring a quart of petrol? 😉
Have not measured it yet, about 9-10 litres , made a little back by widening the tank to compensate for the tunnel. So that’s enough for around 200klm range. For me, if I wanted just function I could have left the bike stock with its 14ltr capacity, it’s mostly a local day ride bike for me, just a bit of style and fun. I like people to look at my work and ask “what the hell is that?” But I am very curious what it’s actual range will be.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts