Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It depends if you want to go with a modern stylised number, or if you want it to look like an old school racing number. The font implies old school to me.
After chatting to a couple of people we have agreed that the large white panel is a slap in the face, and just the number by itself is more aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Waited 4 weeks for my New badges to come from Austria, and the local shop just dumped them in a bubble bag which got squashed by the courier, they are creased and will not straighten out, so have to wait another month….ask me how I felt?

my expression….

·
Administrator
31 Posts
After chatting to a couple of people we have agreed that the large white panel is a slap in the face, and just the number by itself is more aesthetically pleasing.
Fair enough, mate. It's your bike, but you did ask for opinions - so I just gave mine.

Yes, the '7' alone looks fine. I was just thinking about how in the classic m/cycle pics the number is in a circle.

I'm enjoying/impressed with the build so far.

·
Administrator
31 Posts
Waited 4 weeks for my New badges to come from Austria, and the local shop just dumped them in a bubble bag which got squashed by the courier, they are creased and will not straighten out, so have to wait another month….ask me how I felt?
That sucks. Why aren't you buying direct from overseas?

When I lived in Oz I had an Aprilia - the local dealer would take a parts order, then wait until he had a few orders THEN order from overseas. Meaning a six week wait.

I went direct to AF1 in the US and got my parts cheaper and in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That sucks. Why aren't you buying direct from overseas?

When I lived in Oz I had an Aprilia - the local dealer would take a parts order, then wait until he had a few orders THEN order from overseas. Meaning a six week wait.

I went direct to AF1 in the US and got my parts cheaper and in a couple of weeks.
Ok, I agree with your point about the circle. Will keep that on the table while cutting out the graphics and do a test sample, online for the badges is $90 plus shipping. Locally from the dealer was only $49 . But it is what it is, just gotta roll with the punches. Appreciate your input and opinions. And enjoy the chat. Cheers mate

41 - 45 of 45 Posts