I guess I didn't realize the forum is made up of 6 people and thought I could get some genuine feedback.
You were a teensy- tiny bit dishonest about your previous participation which is why you are going to get a little shit for it. Toughen up butter cup.
Still if you want genuine feedback here it is.
- General Platform: Ever hear the old expression "when your first step is a stumble it's much harder to regain your balance"? Well that is what you did here. You started with the largely incorrect assumption that any bike can be a "performance" motorcycle, or the equally incorrect assumption that cafe racers are like choppers but a different shape. Whatever the motivation you started with a platform that less than ideal for a genuine performance vintage motorcycle. I get that it was free and all, and we are not saying that it couldn't be a cool custom bike - just that you are setting yourself up for failure in trying to make a racer that delivered any authentic riding experience. C-
- suspension modifications: notwithstanding that you were starting from a disadvantage with an LTD platform, the only suspension modification you made were to lower the bike. You have decreased the handling and performance of the motorcycle. Additionally you did it in the front by just pushing the forks a somewhat unreasonable amount through the trees. The only reason this is not an F is that you didn't use cheap Chinese shocks off ebay and you probably didn't modify the fork internals. D
- Wheels, brakes, tires: no mods to the brakes so meh, the tires are over-sized and also not a performance brand. Again you have ruined the handling. But at least they are new. C
- Protection: You have no fenders. Period. On top of that you have an aggressive dirt tread tire flinging dirt at cheap shitty emgo pods that don't really filter anything (and are stealing HP out of your engine). F
- Parts selection: aside from the tires which are probably pretty expensive, all your parts choices are cheap. It is obvious you picked them because of their price point and not because of what they add to the bike. Other than the emgo pods which are literally garbage, I don't see anything that is so cheap as to be dangerous so C+
but only because you got lucky.
- Ergonomics: clubman bars with stock pegs. You don't understand motorcycle rider dynamics and you aren't even listening to your body when it tells you something is wrong by giving you mild soreness or pain (Spend an hour in the seat riding it at low speeds and then tell me how them wrists and lower back feel). F
- Lighting: one of the biggest things motorcyclists complain about is visibility. I don't see any turn signals. I don't even think I can spot the taillight. Also you have that stupid tape across the headlight. F
This is the subjective stuff, not everybody like metal flake or pinstriping, nor do I like some of the more "cafe racer" cliches. Although all this is personal opinion, this is less important than the above stuff since there is no safety component here.
- Chiche: Is there a manual that tells you newbies what garbage cliche's you need to attach to your bike to be considered a "racer"? Taped headlight, raw metal tank, emgo pods, CRG imposter mirror that doesn't actually do anything, I mean you hit most. I am going to be generous here because you didn't buy garbage Chinese piggy back shocks and you didn't put any header wrap on. C+
- Paint and finish: the black looks nice. At least the parts you painted black. and you polished the engine covers. That's about all I have to say that is nice about this. The teal scalloped over black paint was way better than your raw metal tank - but you would have to know about hot rods and american car culture to understand that. I personally hate raw steel anything on bikes these days because 1) steel is not exotic nor is it visually interesting, 2) it's lazy. But at least it isn't rusty so overall B
So now that you understand where all the mistakes are and where you went off the rails, are you going to fix any of this? or just assume we are all assholes who don't know what we are talking about?