Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STARTING ONE OF MY MANY PROJECTS TO COME . I WILL HOPE TO FIND THE TIME TO UPDATE PHOTOS EVERY WEEK OF THE PROGRESS.STARTING MY OWN COMPANY. NOT SURE OF THE NAME YET BUT,OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS. I WILL MOSTLY BE BUILDING CAFE RACERS BUT WILL DO SMALL AMOUNT OF BOBBERS.I GUESS WHAT EVER PAYS THE BILLS. ANY NAME SUGGESTION WILL HELP THANKS WESIDE. Text

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
made these bars for my cb550

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHAT!!!! internet yelling who knew !!!!!lol

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
wow, did you weld the bars right to the forks?! awesome.

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are so many cheesy sounding bike shop names these days I'd stick with something simple like Weside Customs.
Nice job on the 550, looks clean.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MUDMONKEY , I DIDNT WELD THE BARS TO THE FORK TUBE.I FOUND A 35MM I.D PIECE OF TUBING AND CUT IT DOWN THE MIDDLE.I USED WELD ON MOUNTS FOR THE BOLTS. SIMILAR TO THE ONES FOUND ONE A MTB SEAT POST DOWN TUBE.LETS JUST SAY THE POLE FROM WIRE FENCE IS REALY CLOSE TO 35MM ID

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like the look of the bike, but it kinda looks like everything got rattle canned black after it was put together? Or was that the way it was made? My ears hurt. No yelling.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
nice bike
is the panel truck yours too?

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
141 Posts
looks like its right from the 1950-60's i like it.
looks very british. even though its a kawie.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
weside, good luck on the new adventure. Be tough for me to spin wrenches if the waves were going off. BTW, The upside down low bars, and Maxxis Hookworms rule. cheers, bcr

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
matt tobias. westside customs is already taken.(pimp my ride) so weside customs would be hard to define myself from them.i could pimp your bike lol. thanks for the sug.

jaguar the panel truck is not mine its a buddys, but this truck is

bcr thanks for the comments on the bike i have a couple of cruizers

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im bummed on this one.hopfully i will never do this again.i lowered the motorcycle jack in the first pic to put the front end on align front end and make bars.i just bought the jack of craigslist and didnt know the Fu&*ing thing bleeds down slow.i get a call the next day "hey your bikes on the floor" SH1T SH1T SH1ttt!! i didnt put the lock back on. [email protected]!!!!!nothing major but i wanted to leave the tank alone.there were no dents in it at all, now there is deep scratches and a couple of dents.so pist at myself.i guess painting time

·
Registered
187 Posts
California Cafe and Customs. Looks like ccc.com is not taken. I agree with keeping it simple. Just open the phone book and look at the silly names of tattoo shops.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KAWTOY. WISH YOU POSTED SOONER THATS A GREAT NAME. I HAVE DECIDED ON THE NAME {RACERTON}.CHECK THE BLOG THAT I HAVE CREATED.ALSO MYSPACE. I HAVE MORE PICS COMING LATER TODAY STAY TOONED.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
weside,
why do you keep shouting at us?
ken

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like internet yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
i just looks cool
old guys on old bikes. how old?and racing! wow!keep it up

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by weside

i like internet yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
i just looks cool
old guys on old bikes. how old?and racing! wow!keep it up
it doesn't look cool. it just pisses people off.

good luck with the shop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
work on the bike some more today.made rear tail section shorter and added cross bar.made some short clip ons and headlight mount.now i have to make a seat pan and electric pan under the seat.

:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice work weside. I look forward to your progress pics.

BTW, you wanna sell me that 6-speed tranny out of your KZ550?
From what I understand it is a direct drop-in upgrade for my ZR-7S. :) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts