Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I wrote an article about one of Lab Motorcycles new builds. They are a garage based in Portugal that create custom bikes almost exclusively with salvaged parts.
They didn't give in to the temptation of building a "showroom" bike just for the exposure they would probably get. They are sticking to the original concept.

What do you guys thing about the bike and of my article? Critics are very welcome.

http://www.thing-or-two.com/2015/11/lab28-by-lab-motorcycles/

8.jpg

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The bike is neat enough for being made from garbage, I didn't read the article because I have better things to do.
I did notice a few misspelled words in the half-assed skim I attempted, but whatever...

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
I you are just looking to spam a board for free press of a BS shop.....try harder and do a better job.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Id take the garbage back off it and put a new set of Acerbis plastics on that. These aren't expensive plus if you put a 21" front wheel back in it you'll double its appeal and value. I've done multi-lap enduros on XR600's plus ridden them on the road with super moto wheels fitted.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I thought front and rear bumpers were on cars. Have no idea what he is referring to here.
I bet they want $8K for that pile of used junk parts.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Here's my little 400. Done a few enduros on this thing too. If you're going to modify an XR, look for a used pair of CR or CRF front forks, best modification you can make. I lapped plenty of the orange stuff in a couple of 3 hour events on this.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I you are just looking to spam a board for free press of a BS shop.....try harder and do a better job.

Well... I'm not... I have nothing to do with the shop. I just admire their work and therefore decided to make an article on my website. Nothing wrong with that, I think.
It's not easy to find (what i consider) good content. It's even harder to write it in English (Not my first language).
Doing my best. but I'll improve.
As for it being a Bs shop... It's your opinion.

I did ask for criticism so... thanks!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Article mentions tire choice for "scrambler looks" but doesn't tell what tires were put on tells everything I need to know about the attitude and thus the bike. And its a rear tire in the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the front I Believe its a Dunlop D803. You are right, its a rear tire.
As for the actual rear tire i honestly don't know. The concept of my site is to introduce people to this and that. So I don't usually go to that kind of detail.
I didn't ask the Lab guys about that. Sorry...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark, I dare you to transform your XR into a nice and simple scrambler! hahah You might like it!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well, everything done on my XR is to improve its performance. I ride out with a couple of other guys with the same, although relatively stock bikes and occasionally I'll swap to see what the differences are like.

I know for a fact that the rear tyre fitted up front on that 'scrambler' will be a pretty shit experience in any form of dirt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah. You're right. It probably is.

I think that the guy that commissioned this XR is not very interested in performance!

Anyway, your bike looks great. Someday I'll fulfill my childhood dream and finally buy a dirt bike...

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I'm still having a hard time deciphering this sentence:
The protruding deposit the XR600 has a very characteristic presence and it’s not so often maintained in builds like this.

Nobody proofreads anything they type anymore, it's sad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still having a hard time deciphering this sentence:
The protruding deposit the XR600 has a very characteristic presence and it’s not so often maintained in builds like this.

Nobody proofreads anything they type anymore, it's sad.
The XR600 tank has a very characteristic form. It has a protruding shape. right? In custom builds of this kind, the usual thing to do is to replace it with a "Vintage" style tank. The original tank makes it "hard" to merge all of the parts in the new design aesthetic.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mark, I dare you to transform your XR into a nice and simple scrambler! hahah You might like it!
Why do you want him to ruin a perfectly good motorcycle?

Sorry, though you may not be doing this thread to drive traffic to a shop you own, you are trying to attract attention to your website. An attempt at another Exif/pipeburn/bikr shed "lifestyle" website. So, it is a bit spamish...

Ugly bike. By far the least attractive piece on that site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Why do you want him to ruin a perfectly good motorcycle?

Sorry, though you may not be doing this thread to drive traffic to a shop you own, you are trying to attract attention to your website. An attempt at another Exif/pipeburn/bikr shed "lifestyle" website. So, it is a bit spamish...

Ugly bike. By far the least attractive piece on that site.

Damn... I was just trying to be friendly... I Don't want him to do anything with his bike. I Just like that kind of thing.

You can easily see, by the content of my site, that I do not own any bike shop... Just go on facebook and search for LAB Motorcycles and compare their "Likes" to my page...

I just wanted to collect some opinions. Nothing else... I have no ads in my site and generate 0 income with it right know. I guess I just want to share my "work".

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't have re purposed the alloy bash plate that protects the frame below the engine to make a headlamp surround though. I'm sure that's what it's been made from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts