Cafe Racer Forum banner
5K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  FBF13 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I wrote an article about one of Lab Motorcycles new builds. They are a garage based in Portugal that create custom bikes almost exclusively with salvaged parts.
They didn't give in to the temptation of building a "showroom" bike just for the exposure they would probably get. They are sticking to the original concept.

What do you guys thing about the bike and of my article? Critics are very welcome.

http://www.thing-or-two.com/2015/11/lab28-by-lab-motorcycles/

Tire Woodland Forest Automotive tire Natural environment

See less See more
#8 ·
Well... I'm not... I have nothing to do with the shop. I just admire their work and therefore decided to make an article on my website. Nothing wrong with that, I think.
It's not easy to find (what i consider) good content. It's even harder to write it in English (Not my first language).
Doing my best. but I'll improve.
As for it being a Bs shop... It's your opinion.

I did ask for criticism so... thanks!

#10 ·
In the front I Believe its a Dunlop D803. You are right, its a rear tire.
As for the actual rear tire i honestly don't know. The concept of my site is to introduce people to this and that. So I don't usually go to that kind of detail.
I didn't ask the Lab guys about that. Sorry...

#17 ·
Why do you want him to ruin a perfectly good motorcycle?

Sorry, though you may not be doing this thread to drive traffic to a shop you own, you are trying to attract attention to your website. An attempt at another Exif/pipeburn/bikr shed "lifestyle" website. So, it is a bit spamish...

Ugly bike. By far the least attractive piece on that site.

#12 ·
Well, everything done on my XR is to improve its performance. I ride out with a couple of other guys with the same, although relatively stock bikes and occasionally I'll swap to see what the differences are like.

I know for a fact that the rear tyre fitted up front on that 'scrambler' will be a pretty shit experience in any form of dirt.

#14 ·
I'm still having a hard time deciphering this sentence:
The protruding deposit the XR600 has a very characteristic presence and it’s not so often maintained in builds like this.

Nobody proofreads anything they type anymore, it's sad.

#16 ·
The XR600 tank has a very characteristic form. It has a protruding shape. right? In custom builds of this kind, the usual thing to do is to replace it with a "Vintage" style tank. The original tank makes it "hard" to merge all of the parts in the new design aesthetic.

#22 ·
the owner might not be performance oriented - but I am (and I think most here) to a degree. Ruining the usability of a bike for sake of being vaguely unique is plain dumb. The bike posted is worse than stock and honestly looks like crap too. I have really hard time seeing the point.

#24 ·
I can see that most people here think that performance is more important. I understand that. It makes sense. And indeed, some changes ruin the capacity that a perfectly good bike had.

I guess that here in Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, France, etc...) there as been a wave of custom bikes that value the aesthetics side a little bit more. This is not true for every shop obviously. If this particular bike looks good or not, well... that's a subjective opinion different for everyone! :)

#23 ·
I liked the article and the Paris one also. I'm going to read some more later.......I love browsing photos of the past.

Although I favor dirt bikes in original forms (kinda).........I can appreciate what they were trying to attempt. It's different and although some items were changed in a negative manner for asthetics.....it's still kinda usable off road.......far more than my cafe CB would be.

Riding in Portugal seems inviting by the picture. Maybe one day I'll get there and visit my avos birth town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.