Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im in the market for some really good and durable lace up leather motorcycle boots, but cant seem to find much information on good brands and products. If anyone has any recomendations, Id greatly appreciate it. Id like some boots that will last for years too come. Here is a pick of some SPIDI boots, but they have concerning reviews so Ill have to pass.
Thanks spidi_x_nashville_boots_750x750.jpg

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
that's what you call getting into motorcycles from the ground up

... I don't like a big clunky heel on my riding boots, it's not footpeg friendly

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
thanks for the replys.
well i just figure moto boots would have that extra ankle protection

- - - Updated - - -
You are right about that. There's a reason why lace up boots have been off the market for decades and that's because if/when a lace comes loose, it is oh so easy to get the lace tangled on a foot peg or gear lever and fall flat on your face as you try to put a foot down to stop.

That said, lots of us wear totally inappropriate footwear, but I don't recommend it. Get modern boots with protection. Feet are really useful things to keep.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If you get combat boots, avoid ripple soles. Yea I know cool guys wear ripple soles, but they always get caught on the pegs

·
Registered
767 Posts
2 big problems with lace ups.

1/ As Teaser mentioned the lace loops getting caught on foot pegs or control levers. Lost count of the times many years ago when I tried to put a foot down only find I couldn't as a lace was caught up.

2. Lace hole eyes. Usually made of brass or alloy, or worse still hooks. If you are unlucky enough to crash, the slide usually results in road rash and "IF" you are very unlucky the abrasive slide will grind those lace eyes or hooks into flat little razor blades which will make quite a mess of your foot. I almost lost the side of my left foot in this way. I crashed at about 60mph, the brass lace eyes sliced up the boot leather, then my foot ending up deep under my skin = Into theatre, open the foot up on one side and dig them out, a load of nerve damage and 22 stiches. Plus 8 weeks off work. Other than bruising this was my only injury.

Wear proper boots, zip up or Velcro. Avoid metal zips too as these get hot in a slide and will burn your skin, got that T-shirt too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aerostich Combat Touring Boots - Footwear - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

aerostich will last you two lifetimes and get better with age if you take care of them

next would be Bates Goretex side zip tactical boots and it's hard to go wrong with Carolina lineman's boots that take a couple years to get broken in

I kept a pair or "pleather" Redbone 20 buck Walmart specials hoping I could find somebody that would custom make a pair out of serious materials.

I wish I had bought 5 pairs before the supply of them vaporized since the only pair I bought didn't hold up well to an exhaust pipe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts