Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
did he put a 350cc motor in his bike, because he used to run a 250cc aermacchi?

whether or not, it's still damn fast!

i suck.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yep, it's the real deal. i've seen that chassis and fairing was up at uch's before. i'm happy that he finally finished it after so many years. great, now david has a faster bike!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
no johnny, david isn't going anywhere. i think what joe means is that since the cb350's have been designated to formula cb instead of 350gp, that neither joe or i will be in competition with the rope (not that we were even remotely competitive before).

good luck zach and company in 350gp!

tex

p.s.- i do remember zach's first ride on pete's 350 at gunstock versus the rope. he really gave him hell!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
weight watchers anyone? o.k, here's the deal to all of you cb350 types that race at loudon. i know i won't do anything with my bike weight wise before may 20th (nor will joe), however your all welcome to do as such or otherwise. what i'm proposing is that we, collectively at the vintage celebration race take our bike over to the scales garage and weigh in, record our weights, then later that night we meet at a common location where johhny b. will scrutinize ways we can all drop pounds off our bikes. it should be informative as well as good for plain ole' shits and giggles.

it may become a meeting of minds, plus i'll bring my grinder!

any takers?

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
scott,

how were you able to remove the battery? are you running a pvl ignition?

i would love to grind off excess tabs and such, but i gotta face the fact that i'm a lazy bastard, plus they provide great ancors for zip ties/electrical wires.

if i could get some new header pipes, that i figure would save at least five pounds.

tex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts