Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting together a set of long distance racers for a one day 650 mile race. They are both Honda Twins one is a cb200 the other a CL175 [Scrambler]. I have a set of fiberglass tails in the works and will have them completed in time for the race but won't have the time or ability to make the tanks. What I'm interested in is at least one and possibly 2 larger tanks which wil fit the frame of these bikes. I have them in 2 different places so I haven't done any side by side measurments but the frames appear to be aproximately the same.

Naturally I'm also on a budget mostly because I don't have a choice but with the rag tag buch who does this race it is a matter of pride to keep the costs to a minimum... So really what I'm looking for is a 3-4 gallon tank to mount to the frame of these bad boys that will give me clearence for clubmans and clipons. Any suggestions of how to acive this goal or tanks you would like to sell - Please, let me know.

btw - http://www.lakeerieloop.com click on the link for the video. tells the story quite well

Kev

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Look at the CX500 Deluxe, CB500T, CB400f, CB350Four. They are all in that size range and should be junk yard or e-bay available. Peronally, I would look at the CB500T. I think it might look best on your bike(s).

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 500T tank if needed. Not the prettiest thing but no dents and no rust.

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

·
Registered
105 Posts
The CX500 tank on my CL175. It was cheap, and was pretty easy to fit.

'72 CL175
'03 R6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts