Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
if you like band of horses, check out The Mountain Goats.

The last Wilco albumn was really good. didn't like them the first go around but i'm into like crazy now.
Another band i really like lately is French Kicks.
the last Rogue wave was really fucking good. lost my copy though. wanna trade sprinter for something?
[email protected]

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Southern Culture on the Skids-Countrypolitan favorites
Slapshot-Tear it down
Flogging Mollys- some live thing

I don't buy nearly as much since getting satelite radio.
bfd

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Southern Culture on the Skids-Countrypolitan favorites
Slapshot-Tear it down

bfd

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The Subdudes "Street Symphony"
Clarence Carter "Clarence Carter"
The Clash "From here to Enternity" (Live)

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
1)Colbie Calais
2)Queens-Greatest hits
3)Jimi Hendrix-Live at Woodstock

I must be getting old as I havent heard of most of the bands mentioned.
DG

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote: Fang
Laughing Hyenas
Gang of Four
Trojan records- Dub box set
TV on the Radio
Melvins w/ Jello Biafra
Pixies
Today is The Day
Several yrs ago, my wife bought some Jello Biafra disc sealed in a clear plastic envelope filled with ky jelly. Was cool, but couldn't open the damn thing & play it.

quote: Southern Culture on the Skids-Countrypolitan favorites
Slapshot-Tear it down

bfd
My wife is getting Flogging Molly tickets for Christmas (ooh, and so am I).
Sirius just made me want to buy more music. Radio in Detroit sucks hard. One of these days, I'm going to have to re-subscribe.

Nobody mind me, I'm using up vacation days, bored outta my skull, and all I'm doing is waiting around here for something intelligent.

I'm already drinking a beer...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
... And I'm going to have to update this next week. Several cd size packages have arrived in the mail recently, then quietly disappeared.

Sprinter, I sent you an address last night. Let me know what you want & I'll see if I can return the favour.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:
The Clash - London Calling (replacement copy and an all time favorite)
Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past
The other day I was looking for some stuff at my folks' and found my vinyl copy of London Calling, figured it was long gone. Also found Del Fuegos- Boston Mass and some other cool old stuff I'd like to play if only I had a turntable.

Couldn't live without Sirious at my house anymore, but have noticed that I buy way fewer discs. For being out in the sticks our local radio doesn't suck as bad as some areas I've been. I emailed the program director of one of the stations awhile back to tell him they weren't playing the new Fu Manchu enough. In his reply he told me they were one of less than a dozen stations in the country that had the new Fu on regular rotation. So could be worse.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1.) Misery Signals - Of Malice and the Magnum Heart
2.) Alexisonfire - Watch Out!
3.) As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest

2005 Ducati Monster 620
1976 Honda CB250 (Cafe)

"It was supposed to make that noise... wasn't it????"

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ratty,

i used to collect old turntables....i'd buy them at fleas, garage/yard sales, craigslist, etc...and sell/give them to friends to encourage collecting vinal records. if your intrested, i could keep an eye out for you. i always seem to "upgrade" my player, but i'm real happy with the harman kardon t25 i have been spinning on for the past year or so......

one day i'll have a set of technics 1200's!

texy

p.s.- once a year, springtime, the wife and i travel to princeton record exchange to buy music.......usually walk out three hours later with 40-60 used albums, majority of it 60's and 70's rock and psychedelica.......last new piece i got was "tv on the radio" return from cookie mountain......thanks rosko for the tip!

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Princeton Record Exchange in Princeton NJ?!? I'm only surprised 'cause I didn't know anything about that place till a couple years ago. I grew up in Princeton, was back visiting Mom and showing (boring) the kids around my ol' stompin' grounds. We walked into PRE and spent a little bit. I found some nice early Taj Mahal, "Satisfied and Tickled too" and "Recycling The Blues" and Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream and Other Delights", worth it just for the album cover.
Another funny coincidence, I was going through my stack awhile back, found the Del Fuegos, hadn't heard that since they did the Miller (?) Beer commercial, whenever that was...'85? Anyway, still a good record.
I can't share my music 'cause nobody ever brings my records back.

FR

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
My favorite record shop was in columbia SC. Papa Jazz in five points. Not sure if its still around but I could and did spend hours hitting the bins. Scored some original James Brown on the King label and Johnny Cash's debut on Sun Records....its hammered but cool as hell.
I googled it and hit.
http://www.papajazz.com/
Last 3 LP record aquisitions: (purchased or rescued at the dump):
1) Allman Bros- Live at Filmore East
2) WAR - Live
3) John Lee Hooker - Endless Boogie

·
Registered
353 Posts
quote:
Fang
Laughing Hyenas
Gang of Four
Trojan records- Dub box set
TV on the Radio
Melvins w/ Jello Biafra
Pixies
Today is The Day
Rosko - we've been over the music thing before but man we have veeeeery similar tastes. I have a freakin' ton of Trojan stuff from back in the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MINT CHICKS.
HEY, Ive been to princeton too!Drove there from New york city bout 93.even managed to get pulled by the cops, dangerous driving they said,probably true, as I was on the left side. Slight lapes in concentration.Had one of those university babes on my mind, only good reason to go to princeton then, I recon then.But I did'nt know about that record shop of course.

Edited by - red72k5 on Dec 21 2007 04:41:58 AM

41 - 60 of 80 Posts