Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:
ratty,

i used to collect old turntables....i'd buy them at fleas, garage/yard sales, craigslist, etc...and sell/give them to friends to encourage collecting vinal records. if your intrested, i could keep an eye out for you. i always seem to "upgrade" my player, but i'm real happy with the harman kardon t25 i have been spinning on for the past year or so......

one day i'll have a set of technics 1200's!

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto
Hey Tex,
Thanks for the offer. It'd be cool to have a turntable, keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I spend all my music money on guitars or guitar equipment last purchase was a stratocaster luther kit Im building my own its coming out beautiful, in sonic blue ,waiting for the nitro lacquer to cure,for wet sanding and buff it out.Just got the stainless steel medium jumbo fret wire, to finnish off the vintage, amber tinted ,lacquer,neck with rosewood finger board.Some guitar fetish hot vintage pickups and 250 pots and this baby is one smoking hot blues blues rock player.
My second purchase was an American Strat in Daphne Blue it had custom shop pick ups and rosewood fret board.
My third music purchase was a BBE green tube screamer its creamy and quiet and a great blues pedal.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
453 Posts
1 Chuck Berry, Hail Hail Rock And Roll cd/dvd set
2 The Grateful Dead, Blues For Allah
3 Frank Zappa, Hot Rats

had to re-buy the dead and zappa albums when the wifes weiner dog attacked the old ones.

fat people are harder to kidnap

·
Registered
453 Posts
quote:
My favorite record shop was in columbia SC. Papa Jazz in five points. Not sure if its still around but I could and did spend hours hitting the bins. Scored some original James Brown on the King label and Johnny Cash's debut on Sun Records....its hammered but cool as hell.
I googled it and hit.
http://www.papajazz.com/
Last 3 LP record aquisitions: (purchased or rescued at the dump):
1) Allman Bros- Live at Filmore East
2) WAR - Live
3) John Lee Hooker - Endless Boogie
yes it is still there, thats where i was this morning

fat people are harder to kidnap

·
Registered
242 Posts
quote:
Not a purchase, but a pretty good internet radio station

Throw this in Winamp, Windows Media Player, or anything else that can handle a MP3 stream

http://66.90.103.253:7586

Hey Unga,
Thanks for the link. For the past three hours I have been young again, sort of. I have been playing catch-up. My latest purchase was YIP! Jump, Summer 1983 by Daniel Johnson. Otherwise, Teddy Thompson and The Leonard Cohen tribute I'm Your Man CD. Strange, but realy me, back when it was all new...
L

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. Tal Wilkenfeld
2. Dusty Rhodes and the River Band
3. Offspring Smash

Tal Wilkenfeld is an amazing bass player. Check out this video
, or search for Jeff Beck's set from the 2007 Crossroads festival.

Dusty Rhodes was awesome live here in Chicago a couple months back. I had to buy their cd after the show. They almost overshadowed the newly reformed Blind Melon.

Offspring's Smash came out while I was in Junior High, and has bee one of my favorite albums since. I finally got tired of listening to my scratched up copy of the cd that I've had since it came out and bought a new copy.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Hey Dart,
I think I have 3 copies of Smash floating around. It's funny how the old Offspring stuff gets played on the radio around here way more now than it did when it was new.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Are we talking Dusty Rhoads of ZZTop fame?

ZZT has done some great texas blues that never made the pop charts. Some really kind of obscure stuff based way back in the origins of blues but with their twist on it.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, this Dusty Rhodes is a kinda psychedelic/folk/rock type of thing from Anaheim. I do dig the old ZZT blues though. ZZ and whats left of Skynrd was my first concert back in high school. Oh Ratty, I still rarely hear any of the good Offspring on the radio around here. Every once in a while, but not often.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Santa brought me the Johnny Cash 2 CD and 1 DVD box set.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

Edited by - bret on Dec 25 2007 12:18:32 PM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Courtesy of The Lovely Sue:

Shipwreck Union - Self Defense
Sky Cries Mary - This Timeless Turning
... Trail of Dead - So Divided

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
There will be more soon, too, as we raked in some $75 in iTunes gift cards for Christmas.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Botch - "American Nervoso"
Chiodos - "Bone Palace Ballet"
Bring Me The Horizon - "This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Meant For"

2005 Ducati Monster 620
1976 Honda CB250 (Cafe)

"It was supposed to make that noise... wasn't it????"

·
Registered
623 Posts