Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this isn't for a motorcycle, but I don't belong to any car forums and the principals should be the same.

The drivers seat on my 1991 Mazda Miata LE is worn on the side bolster where my butt contacts it as entering and exiting the car for 110,000 miles. Finally it has worn thru in a spot about the size of a pencil eraser, but I am sure it is thing an inch or two surrounding the hole.

Short of removing the cover and having it patched from the inside is there any thing that could go over it---I was thinking something like silicon sealer, etc.

I bought the car because I wanted the BRG color and tan leather interior, so using seat covers defeats the purpose.

Ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
My brother had one... BRG with black interior. Fantastic car! he had to sell his due to marriage & college loans.

Oh yeah... I have no idea how to repair leather seats. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I say for what it cost to have it repaired or reupholstered. Just find another seat. Miatas are huge and there were like 4.9 billion of those things made. Check out GRMotorsports.com and put up a WTB since those things and older 3 series beemers are the cats asses there so parts are quite plentiful and cheap. Since alot of them are bought to be raced in different club racing the interiors and whatnot usually get scrapped out for racing buckets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts