Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove from Kingston, NY back to Clinton Corners, NY in about 6 inches (and counting) of snow. I decided to take as many unplowed back roads as possible because I knew that there wouldn't be anyone on them and it's just way more fun. I'm always impressed by the old Saab 9000T. It's got 4 Blizzaks on it and it just rips through the snow, even when it's higher than the rockers. Swedish Snowmobile.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
We're getting hammered up here in Oneonta. I run 4 studded snows on my minivan and never have a problem unless some scaredy cat jackass in front of me is going 20 mph. Where is Clinton Corners?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
We're getting hammered up here in Oneonta. I run 4 studded snows on my minivan and never have a problem unless some scaredy cat jackass in front of me is going 20 mph. Where is Clinton Corners?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bwaaa... I was riding my Guzzi on Sunday. It was 75!!!!! Bwaa Haaa!!! Damn I don't miss winter..... Looked for you @ Barber. Wha' Happened?

Cheers,
A.D.
"Dirty South"

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bwaaa... I was riding my Guzzi on Sunday. It was 75!!!!! Bwaa Haaa!!! Damn I don't miss winter..... Looked for you @ Barber. Wha' Happened?

Cheers,
A.D.
"Dirty South"

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F#ck Y%u A.D.! I like snow, at least for a little while. Well, you won't be ice racing on any frozen lakes down in those parts. Didn't make it to Barber this year, but I'll be there with bikes next year. We'll crash another scooter party!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
F#ck Y%u A.D.! I like snow, at least for a little while. Well, you won't be ice racing on any frozen lakes down in those parts. Didn't make it to Barber this year, but I'll be there with bikes next year. We'll crash another scooter party!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, no ice racing for me!! Is Craig your uncle? If so he's got a nice spread in "Motorcyce Classics" this month. Gimme a shout sometime...

Cheers,
A.D.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, no ice racing for me!! Is Craig your uncle? If so he's got a nice spread in "Motorcyce Classics" this month. Gimme a shout sometime...

Cheers,
A.D.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:
i hate snow
I'm with you.

Actually I hate the work that snow causes me. Just add 10 hours a week to my work week and that's what snow does. Today I'd normall sit around a play video games, work in the shop, have a relaxing day...but no, I have to spend two hours removing snow for access to the shop and driveway and sheeet. We've already gotten about 12" this year. It's been a stupid brutal Dec. up here so far...like Feb. weather. Going to be like 0 at my house for a few days next week...we usually don't see that till the middle of January.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:
i hate snow
I'm with you.

Actually I hate the work that snow causes me. Just add 10 hours a week to my work week and that's what snow does. Today I'd normall sit around a play video games, work in the shop, have a relaxing day...but no, I have to spend two hours removing snow for access to the shop and driveway and sheeet. We've already gotten about 12" this year. It's been a stupid brutal Dec. up here so far...like Feb. weather. Going to be like 0 at my house for a few days next week...we usually don't see that till the middle of January.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
stinkin sticky stuff, I'm trying to scrape together tire and pvl money pennies at a time. Oh but today, I go out and spend 1250 bucks on a new snowblower because the weatherman says that we are suppose to get 8"+ of snow followed by a wintery mix of sleet and snow and then freezing rain. I don't have much hope for the new machine against this pile of mashed potatoes,better chances though than the 30 year old Toro that only starts in the summer time, may it rest in peace, with it's chord pulled completly out of the starter recoil. How come the weathermen are only right when it comes to predicting the really shitty stuff?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
stinkin sticky stuff, I'm trying to scrape together tire and pvl money pennies at a time. Oh but today, I go out and spend 1250 bucks on a new snowblower because the weatherman says that we are suppose to get 8"+ of snow followed by a wintery mix of sleet and snow and then freezing rain. I don't have much hope for the new machine against this pile of mashed potatoes,better chances though than the 30 year old Toro that only starts in the summer time, may it rest in peace, with it's chord pulled completly out of the starter recoil. How come the weathermen are only right when it comes to predicting the really shitty stuff?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lonewolf, check out the Craftsman 2 strokes. I stopped using my 45 year old yard bird last year when I was given a new Sears one from some relatives that moved into a condo. At first glance it didn't look like much, but it sure has proven itself. And as a bonus, when your done you at least smell like you had fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts