Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1980 CX500 last August I have been working on it ever since that time. I have posted my build history on another site and have been getting some flack for chopping a surviving plastic maggot. So with out further introductions I will be slowly moving my build this this site that appreciates Café Racers.

Cheers
Mike M.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Geeto67, Piss Off Mate!

I did not ask for your blessing, nor would I want it.

Haha tough crowd here on this form, I jumped in the deep end with out a swimming suit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see now bringing my build to this site was not in my best move. I had no Idea the CX500 was soooooo disliked among the Cafe crowd. This is a tough group to please after reading thru a bunch of threads. My mistake for not researching this form more fully.

Cheers
Mike

Still going to post all the same. Now just to piss you all off even more. LOL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's just like someone rolling up on a cm400...hipsters are drawn to them and cxs like moths to a flame. You seemed like just another one. We were mistaken. Stick around...the questions are simply being asked WHY a cx to put this much money and effort I to. Like the look? Guzzi looks similar and is 10 times better, valuable. That's all we are trying to get out of you.
Learning curve is my only reason. I wanted to build a custom minimal racer. And liked the look of the CX500. That is the why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts