Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my CL/CB125s cafe needs a new motor.....found a big bore kit and what not for it and its gunna run like 400 for parts and labor(mechine shop) but then i saw a 150cc lifan motor for the same money. then i saw a 200cc one too. the way it reads the motors will fit.
what im tryin to find out is if these are just piles of crap motors or if they are any good.
thanks

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've got a buddy who runs the snot out of a 200cc in an old dirtbike frame. It's held up to his lack of restraint.

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
There is a shop around here that sells them. He suggested I put a 70 0r 90 one in my S65 frame, it would bolt right in. He sets up racing 4 wheelers and says they are a great motor, and cheap to. The only ones I saw were with the clyinder and head sticking out the front, like a honda single up to 90cc.

Edited by - Jackc on Feb 23 2007 10:36:41 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I have absolutely no experience with them...but a lot of the guys on the small Honda forums think they are junk. But then they are purist when it comes to Hondas. I've used some Chinese parts on our 72cc Honda race bike and they've held up well. I use a lot of DRP (Dragon Racing Products) stuff...comes from Europe...but is made in China, I've been impressed with it.
JohnnyB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts