Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes life is crazy. People come and go from our lives, some have greater impact than others, and some never leave our thoughts. I had a person in my life about 15 years ago, someone I cared about very much. It was during a time in my life when I was making a lot of bad decisions. Most of the bad choices I have moved on from, made amends with or fixed. But one has stuck with me the whole time. I removed this person from my life and never gave an explanation why. I caused hurt and regretted it almost instantly, but I always figured some day I will explain, some day I will tell them how much they meant to me and how sorry I am that I treated them the way I did. I finally got the courage to try and heal that wound, only to find out that they died in Jan of 2018. A light in the world went out and it is a lesser place because of it. Someone who brought nothing but joy to those around is gone. I will never get to say I am sorry, and that is my burden to live with.

Life is to short, the person whom I am talking about was only 36 and still had so much to give to the world. If there are apologies you owe, things you need to say but can't find the nerve, stop putting it off until "someday" because someday never comes. Life is to short my friends, tell the people that are important to you how important they are. We never know when will be the last time we see someone. Don't leave thing's unsaid. Over the last few years I have made it a point to tell my family how much I love them every time I leave the house, because If I were to get in a wreck and die, I would want the last thing I say to them be the most important thing.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Live in the present, prepare for the future and never dwell over past regrets. Honour your friends past with good memories and carry on, they exist now only in our hearts and minds.

... I'm thinking that way right about now seeing as I just bought a used motorcycle from a dead friends family and paid way too much :| I shall fix it and ride it in his honour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts