Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my new cb125 cafe road racer. i want to ditch the steel rims for 18" alum. front and rear. what the best rims and spokes to use. I this would be my first atemp to relace new wheels. I got a truing stand from K&L supply. I know from racing sport bikes. that lighter is not always better. But as for unsprung wt lighter is better. and some lighter wheels, a drilled brake rotor and lighter rear sprocket will improve handling. but i never done spoke rims before. so where would a good place to get light alum rims from. for the oem honda hubs. in 18" sizes

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Buchanan's are the best place to go:

http://www.buchananspokes.com/rims.htm

Be careful when buying pre-drilled aluminum rims. The holes in the rim have to be aligned with the holes in your hub or the spokes will bend/fail/be difficult to true. DON'T fall for that screaming deal on drilled D.I.D. dirtbike rims and expect everything to work out. I learned that one the hard way.

The safest bet is to call Buchanan's, tell them what hub you have, choose your spokes and they'll send you a properly drilled rim and a matching set of spokes. Oh yeah, have your credit card ready; it's gonna hurt.

Honda go sideways!

http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good. yeah anything for an old bike is going to hurt. im trying to find every thing to rebuild the engine into a mighty mouse.
so far the aftermarket has something but im trying to find a comploet gasket and seal kit. and all the bearings. i rather get aftermarket instead of honda NOS parts. looking for updated parts at a good price also. not cheap stuff. this bike to out last me. lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TY found them it has 1975 - 1980 is there a diffrence from 74 to 75.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts