Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Okay guys, I just started to learn about this field . And I'm just trying to sell my products .
If you do not like it just ignores it . No need to write the rough mature in this topic .
So you are lazy and want to profit off your own ignorance?

Again, are you even American? I mean, you are selling apparel that includes the flag as subject matter.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am sure that the image you 're used to this T-shirt design is an image of a cafe riders . I do not understand why you can not recognize it .
This is the image I used :
I am sure that Shutterstock probably labeled this as a cafe racer incorrectly. based on the rear fender, primary drive style, right side exhaust, and rear frame rail the bike is most likely representative of a Harley davidson FXST softail:

IMG_1654.JPG

does that look like a "cafe racer" to you? It should not because it is not.

What about the fact that you ripped off someone's image and pass it off as your own for profit? Nevermind the fact that it's a fucking cruiser, are you even an American? I think even the dumbest "cafe" enthusiast can see you are full of shit.
Lots of artists and graphic designers purchase image licenses from shutterstock to use in their overall composition. Nothing illegal is going on here, he bought a license fair and square to use that small image in his larger overall work. If you want to pick on him for something, pick on the fact that he doesn't know a motorcycle from his own dingle.

What the cafe racing motorcycle look like? can you show me?

Tony Hawk Cafe Racer Project by Roland Sands Design | Moto Verso
Of course you pick that marketing exercise. Because you don't understand motorcycles you don't understand how even this bike, although branded as a "cafe racer" is still not representative of the larger body of the hobby. It is a marketing tool built by a guy who wants to sell different styles of parts to mostly harley chopper guys.

If you want to strike at the core of the hobby this is a triton (triumph engine in a norton chassis): it doesn't get more "traditional" cafe racer than this:
tr2.jpg

this is a dunstall norton, also a traditional cafe racer but a decade newer than the triton (first tritons built mid 1950s, dunstall started selling these in 1969, 1971 pictured).

anyway, you are starting to see the difference?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
no, this ‎Đinh Tiên Hoàng guy is absolutely brilliant !
He just sits back there in Vietnam while you guys offer him FREE design consultation. He will then redo the artwork and post tees for profits based on y'alls expert advice :rolleyes:
do you honestly believe any one on here is going to buy one of these? Let him get free design consultation, he needs all the help he can get if he is going to enter a highly competitive marketplace.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Did you know:
The United States Flag Code states; "
  • The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."
and
"

• The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it or attached to it."

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
no, this ‎Đinh Tiên Hoàng guy is absolutely brilliant !
He just sits back there in Vietnam while you guys offer him FREE design consultation. He will then redo the artwork and post tees for profits based on y'alls expert advice :rolleyes:
Eh, I'll give him free advice. I admire his initiative. I don't begrudge anybody the opportunity to get out there and figure out how to make a buck.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Damn good thing he didn't use a Canadian flag;
"The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the Canada Wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without prior written authorization."

21 - 35 of 35 Posts