Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know of a rental place for one of the lipstick camera rigs? had such a great race last time out that i wish i could have recorded. i know whatevs had a set up but is there a place where i can get one just for the granite/labor day event?
-parks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a Tony Hawk helmet cam that you are welcome to use. Someone on this or the other forum recommended it. I've never used it. I am distacted enough on the track.
Larry

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks seth man
looks like $180.00 buys the deal...makes sense that rentals aren't an option at that price. i'm stewing...might make a play there.
-parks
ps the street car dude in the video sample is really lame.
pps hey spanky...shaved legs slide into the leathers really nice.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Parks, shop around for different cameras. Check frame rates and resolutions. You don't want to buy a crappy one, when for a little more money you'll like the end result. I use second gen Cannon minidvs that i strap to the tank. Its a bit clunky sometimes to mount. For the price and quality I don't mind if I toss the bike and need to buy a new one.

Aaron

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
check the go pro resolution. For the price I do not think you can beat the fact that the entire unit is self-contained and waterproof (it is nh!). I'm not sure of the numbers but for us (at the bicycle company) using it on computers and in videos the resolution is fine. The sheot on the website is pretty true to the quality, check the MTB or car footage. My only complaint, and this is a last gen one, is that their was no light for record, only on. Hit the button, it's going, hit it again it stops. The new ones have that sorted I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts