Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I could not log in at all. My password wouldn't work, half thought I got banned....

latter I was able to reset my password, I knew it...it just didn't work.
now every day I need to reset it. The password (I change, don't use the random one that is sent) kind of stops working.
also the "remember me" feature doesn't seem to work.

unsure if it is on my end?
Issue is across two computers one iPad and an iPhone with different internet connections.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
I'm not seeing that, and I've been logged in here for weeks now! I don't see any issues with your account setup. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies for the forum...you may be bringing up a cached page from around one of the password changes. If you still have problems, let me know.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'll be on for a while reading after I logged in and then go to post a reply and it will make me log in again. If I do it with the log in request that pops up it won't let me on. Only way I can log in is from the side bar of the home page.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Shane here,

As stated before, try clearing your cache and relogging in to see if that fixes it. also clicking on signing in automatically. you can even further set it up by using most browsers "remember password" function as well. Also, if you are accessing from a mobile, make sure to do the same in the the designated fashion.

Ive tried to recreate the problem on this end, and it seems to be working fine. but let us know if that helps at all. thanks all.

~Shane

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unsure about cache on the iPad.
issue still is happening and happens on every platform.

the "remember me" feature does not work at all.

just had to reset my password to post this!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Same here, the remember me feature is hit or miss and I get allot of stuttering when scrolling and temporary lock up. And again I can only use the log in on the side bar of the home page. If it asks me to and brings up the login it does not work. Cache is clean and I don't have an issue on other sites.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
Unsure about cache on the iPad.
issue still is happening and happens on every platform.

the "remember me" feature does not work at all.

just had to reset my password to post this!
Same here, the remember me feature is hit or miss and I get allot of stuttering when scrolling and temporary lock up. And again I can only use the log in on the side bar of the home page. If it asks me to and brings up the login it does not work. Cache is clean and I don't have an issue on other sites.
Do either of you have passwords saved on your browser? It could be saving multiple iterations and autofilling the wrong one.

Kyle

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do. What would that have to do with it? I am literally typing out my correct log in and the system is saying it isn't my password.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Because it's bringing up a cached version of the site from before your password was changed. Clearing the cache will remove any references to the previous password. If you've changed it more than once lately (as it appears you have), it could be bringing up any one of the passwords you've recently used, instead of just the latest one. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No I do not use any saved. I'll log in on the main page and browse for a while and then try to leave a comment but when I go to post it it will tell me I'm not logged in. Then the login pops up and when I try and use it it will not accept my password unless I go back to the main page and use the log in on the side bar. been doing it for a few months now.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You know we do get some odd ducks through here and quite a few leave in a bad mood, irate even. It wouldn't surprise me to find someone messing with the site.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never really changed my password. Meaning I keep resetting it to the same one.....

·
Administrator
206 Posts
When you are clearing your cache and cookies, are you making sure to clear "Everything" (FireFox) / "From the Beginning of Time" (Chrome) / "Remove all Website Data" (Safari)?

Which browser are you using on the two PC's and devices?

You mention you don't use the random password sent, but you are changing it yourself. Are you gaining access and changing your password again as soon as you log in back to the same password you've been using, or are you using random ones.

Thanks,
- Jeff B

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Iphone
ipad
imac
Internet explorer

i get to log in with the random password, then right away reset it to the same password I have always had.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, still happening.

was logged on, same WIFI, same everything.
site logged me off, password doesn't work.

used "forgot password" link and reset everything.

really a pain in the ass.

Cleared history and all that shit too.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YOU CANT LOOK THAT UP?

LOL

PM Inbound.

·
Administrator
206 Posts
YOU CANT LOOK THAT UP?

LOL

PM Inbound.
Not being one of the server techs no I can't that info is stored in the database and requires a black belt in linux to understand or so I'm told. I just tested it all and ran a profile maintenance script to be sure. Responded to your PM as well

Kyle

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still happening.
Kind of fucking annoying

1 - 20 of 20 Posts