Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contrary to standard internet fashion, I have met enough of you in real life, that i thought I should finally join this board instead of just reading it. My name is Chris and if you look at the slideshow Rosko posted about the NYC bike show - I'm the guy who looks like Kevin Smith and Kevin James' love child. Much to my horror I am often mistaken for Geeto. I help out with various bike events around NYC including the Detonation show in August. I currently ride a somewhat custom '72 Moto Guzzi Ambassador and endlessly fiddle with a '71 Triumph Tr6c. I will post pix if I can figure out how. So hello good patrons of this corner of the interwebs.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome. Post a pic of the Guzzi! The first bike I ever rode at over 100 MPH was a 71 Ambassador (could have been an Eldo, it was 750cc). My uncle still has it out on Long Island, but I don't think it has been run in 25 years, and we can't get him to part with it.

I have a funny story about the vinmoto booth at the show. I stopped in to see if Rosko or D'attachio were there, and talked to a girl named Naiomi--lots of tats, well she tried to sell me a T-shirt, but there wasn't my size in the red or black vintage honda ones, so she asks me if I would buy a calendar to help the girl that had the accident.

Without even looking at the calendar, I said sure, why not. I gave her the $20 and stuck it in my briefcase.

Well, I got home and the next day decided to see what cool bikes were on it. Well, now I have a calendar I'm sure not going to hang up anywhere..............guess the jokes on me!

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Welcome. Post a pic of the Guzzi! The first bike I ever rode at over 100 MPH was a 71 Ambassador (could have been an Eldo, it was 750cc). My uncle still has it out on Long Island, but I don't think it has been run in 25 years, and we can't get him to part with it.

I have a funny story about the vinmoto booth at the show. I stopped in to see if Rosko or D'attachio were there, and talked to a girl named Naiomi--lots of tats, well she tried to sell me a T-shirt, but there wasn't my size in the red or black vintage honda ones, so she asks me if I would buy a calendar to help the girl that had the accident.

Without even looking at the calendar, I said sure, why not. I gave her the $20 and stuck it in my briefcase.

Well, I got home and the next day decided to see what cool bikes were on it. Well, now I have a calendar I'm sure not going to hang up anywhere..............guess the jokes on me!

Jack

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
oh come on Jack - hang that thing up in your bedroom!

I think Derby joined just so I stopped talking smack about him in the inter-tubes.

On a serious note, Big ups to chris this weekend for working the booth with what is probably the worst birthday hangover he has had in years.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
oh come on Jack - hang that thing up in your bedroom!

I think Derby joined just so I stopped talking smack about him in the inter-tubes.

On a serious note, Big ups to chris this weekend for working the booth with what is probably the worst birthday hangover he has had in years.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
ha same thing happened to me, fliped it open and there to my ever lasting horror was tex,ill give another 20 if they will take it back

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
ha same thing happened to me, fliped it open and there to my ever lasting horror was tex,ill give another 20 if they will take it back

1 - 17 of 17 Posts