Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I'll buy your OEM horn for $30...
Where do I send the cash
Send it to Paypal, $28.99, it's 2 years newer but a stock part.
1971 Triumph T120 T 120 T120RV T120V V Bonneville 650 T120R 1005 Horn | eBay

Here's another for $52:

1971 Triumph T120 T 120 T120RV T120V V Bonneville 650 T120R 1005 Horn | eBay

Emgo replacement for the original is only $17.99

I'm still surprised he turned down that bike, which is fairly priced, over the cost of a horn. Let me know what he ends up with, if and when he buys a bike.

A horn's a horn and can be had all day long for $15-$20. The only time it would matter if it was original is on a restored 100 point bike. You won't find a 68 Triumph 650 in that condition for anywhere near $5400.
I may sell you mine for $30 and buy the cheap one above, mine may not even work, don't know.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
You should buy it and stick it in your cousins face ever weekend you ride by his house on it. Don't let him ride it.:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 1969 T120R came with twin windtone horns. They are simply unavailable. And you need 2 of them for a correct bike. They cost considerably more than $30 when you can find them. It isn't out of line to pay $200+ each for them. There's your $400. There is no guarantee that you could even find them though.

Scott

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
The 1969 T120R came with twin windtone horns. They are simply unavailable. And you need 2 of them for a correct bike. They cost considerably more than $30 when you can find them. It isn't out of line to pay $200+ each for them. There's your $400. There is no guarantee that you could even find them though.

Scott
I know that. You know that. I wasn't a coincidence his offer was a little over 5k.

But at this point, I am done arguing. And I understand his point. Personally, i would have been happy owning a 95% bike. But it wasn't my call.

Whatever. If I find some extra cash under my couch cushions, I'll beg for a second chance.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I would have bought it for the $5400 and installed a cheap horn and never thought of it again.
Does your cousin know how to ride yet? I personally would be apprehensive about buying a nice antique to learn to ride on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The horn would probably vibrate off and break eventually anyway, he missed out. I agree about learning on an antique bike, I'd hate to see it get dropped or improperly maintained. What do I know, he could be just fine.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts